Paulson classic value (1 Viewer)

rrobyrrroby

Two Pair
Reaction score
A friend is about to sell (on a local second hand website) a set of 565 Paulson classic with this breakdown:
$1 x 330
$5 x 160
$10 x 75

Condition of the chips: excellent, mint.
How much are they worth it?
Min/max value?

I realized if he is selling them on a 2nd hand website, the only people willing to pay $3 each will be people that really know Paulson chips. Most folks in general don’t see much difference between poker chips and think we’re crazy for spending so much on them.

eBay prices have been in the $5 each range . However that's not a local Marketplace which will take longer to move unless discounted. At the end, it's what you can find someone willing to pay for it. Market has slowed a bit too.

$3/4 per chip? I thought the average value at the moment is around $5 per chip...
I tried to change my post because I truly don’t know anymore.

I’ve lost touch. I was into my set of classics for like $2 each. Then pharaohs and CDi05s for like $2.50.

I also sold all my chips for basically the same price

Not to mention that the 10s are essentially useless, and without a higher or lower denomination chip, the entire set is not much of a set -- i.e., useless.
Good point, I hadn't even considered the (crappy) breakdown, just the raw chip count.

I told him $5 per chip was a good average price, but I was wrong.
What was the price, back in the days, when Paulson was selling them!

I told him $5 per chip was a good average price, but I was wrong.
What was the price, back in the days, when Paulson was selling them!
Those days are long gone, it’s like asking how much was bitcoin 5 years ago, lol.
I did, however buy my set of Classics new for $.95 each in 2005….and I thought they were expensive chips at the time. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Lol tell him a forum full of chip enthusiasts swears he’s effing crazy for turning that down. Classics are the meh-est of Paulson home sets

Sure the label sucks, but they're nice. However, I got these at a great price imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220908_235629748.jpg
    IMG_20220908_235629748.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 126
Sure the label sucks, but they're nice. However, I got these at a great price imo.

Yeah I know, feel is awesome. My first set was the CDI 05s
To each their own.

I’ve owned and used Classics, then CDI05. I finally settled on a massive set of Pharaohs, a few months before my own chipping evolution took hold, and discovery of the RHC and THC was made.

After this, selling every “Paulson Chips mold”chip was easy. I don’t miss them at all.

YMMV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom