• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Paulson Classic - I think we've reached a new record for asking price (1 Viewer)

It's dishonest or at best uninformed to call them rare (I've even seen "EXTREMELY RARE") but anyone can and should have the legal right to charge whatever they want IMO.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Last edited:
A free market requires free will - and true information, which is the issue here. These must be ensured by law.
Claiming that a product has properties it doesn't is fraud and spreading misinformation among the public.
Nobody can be an expert in everything.

A free market requires free will - and true information, which is the issue here. These must be ensured by law.
Claiming that a product has properties it doesn't is fraud and spreading misinformation among the public.
The definition of "rare" though means essentially, something not common. Even though they're always offered in some quantity on eBay, I doubt legally (any judge would even hear the case) you could prove that they are not "not common".

This.

Sure, it's a less clear case than e.g. someone selling overpriced miraculous "cancer-fighting" mints, which the big pharmaceutical corporations won't produce for some obscure reason, but still...

For what it's worth, I messaged the seller as well.

IMO, he's either completely delusional, or just playing dumb with those who have a clue what these chips are actually worth.

Everytime I see one of @Chipsdealers auctions on eBay... :mad:

I mean, if people are willing to pay those inflated prices, so be it. It doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Still, this @doggydoodoo guy makes @chipsdealer look like a saint by comparison.

I would expect chipsdealer to up his prices to match these soon, can't be selling the best collection of poker chips on eBay for pennies on the dollar after all.

I would expect chipsdealer to up his prices to match these soon, can't be selling the best collection of poker chips on eBay for pennies on the dollar after all.
Have we figured out who chips dealer is? Is he a member here? Or the other forum? Or is he just a Vegas turd buying from spinettis and flipping there product on eBay?

Say what you will, but if this clown actually sells for that price, my mint Paulson Classics will be up there for $14,999 and I won’t be the first person from here by that time

Actually talked to him on the phone today. His name is Jack and sounded as if he had an Asian accent. He said he mostly collects chips as a hobby. Said he plays in New York with a group of ten guys. Not sure how true it all is, but that's the story I got. Operates under the business name Seashell Jewelry Corp and said he runs other eBay businesses as a full time gig.

Jack might be on the forums as he was aware of the chips listed on this thread. Actually was a decent guy, willing to negotiate price outside of fees associated with eBay and PayPal.

Have we figured out who chips dealer is? Is he a member here? Or the other forum? Or is he just a Vegas turd buying from spinettis and flipping there product on eBay?

I'm not sure that he his a member here, and if he is a member he's never come out an said who he is.

Actually talked to him on the phone today. His name is Jack and sounded as if he had an Asian accent. He said he mostly collects chips as a hobby. Said he plays in New York with a group of ten guys. Not sure how true it all is, but that's the story I got. Operates under the business name Seashell Jewelry Corp and said he runs other eBay businesses as a full time gig.

Are you referring to chipsdealer?

Strange. Then why is he listing in Canadian dollars?

Say what you will, but if this clown actually sells for that price, my mint Paulson Classics will be up there for $14,999 and I won’t be the first person from here by that time

Why wait. Put them out there at a crazy high price you would gladly sell them for, but way below his price. I'd like to see his reaction if several other of these "rare" sets showed up at a much lower price.

Jack might be on the forums as he was aware of the chips listed on this thread. Actually was a decent guy, willing to negotiate price outside of fees associated with eBay and PayPal.
Are you talking chipsdealer? Maybe he in person is a decent guy but to me once you start listing Paulson Elites for 3x what they cost (and can be bought by anyone in unlimited quantities) “decent” is out the window.

Attachments

• 82745C57-D146-4961-BC20-08B6E709E5BC.png
    82745C57-D146-4961-BC20-08B6E709E5BC.png
    502 KB · Views: 110
Speaking of which, if one were to be fair both on buying and selling side, what do you guys think the $/chip is for the classics?

I’d be willing to be fair price but the ones on eBay just don’t seem to understand the word fair. They’re just being snarky about how incredibly rare they are and that they’ll eventually sell for asking. With that said, if anybody out there has a sizeable 800+ tourney set of Classics, let me know and I’m willing to make an immediate purchase for the right price.

I’d be willing to be fair price but the ones on eBay just don’t seem to understand the word fair. They’re just being snarky about how incredibly rare they are and that they’ll eventually sell for asking. With that said, if anybody out there has a sizeable 800+ tourney set of Classics, let me know and I’m willing to make an immediate purchase for the right price.
Good luck. you might want to post a "Wanted" add on here. I have a 1000 piece set of classics. I can't imagine parting with mine since it was my first set. I got them brand new from the factory after doing TONS of research on line on the best chips possible - many years ago. I had no idea that any forums (like chiptalk, etc) ever existed. I paid about $1/chip for them and my friends thought that I was nuts. of course they always compliment how much they like them when we play. again, Good luck with your hunt.

Good luck. you might want to post a "Wanted" add on here. I have a 1000 piece set of classics. I can't imagine parting with mine since it was my first set. I ordered it right from the factory after doing TONS of research on line on the best chips possible - many years ago. I had no idea that any forums (like chiptalk, etc) ever existed. I paid about $1/chip for them and my friends thought that I was nuts. of course they always compliment how much they like them when we play. again, Good luck with your hunt.

I’ll give it a shot and see what I can find. Was just about to post the wanted ad.

Speaking of which, if one were to be fair both on buying and selling side, what do you guys think the $/chip is for the classics?

$2-3 per. If it's $3, they better be f****in NEAR MINT condition. That's what I would consider fair.
Of course, I don't like the look of the Classics myself, would rather chase WTHC or something else, like CDIs.

i believe @luv2breformed was selling a bunch at a good price last month. not sure if they sold

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom