Paradise Los Angeles (CPC) (1 Viewer)

The final countdown!!

2018-11-09-11-42-04.jpg

Looks like a great set coming up. I look forward to seeing the chips.

Reactions: Nex
Alright, I have fully inspected all the chips I received now.
Ordered sample sets are half packed for shipping already.

Here's what I have left over:

_DSC0054r=2048w.jpg

• 1x Paradise LA full sample set €18
  • 3x 2x 1x Paradise LA 6 chip sample set (no snapper) €16.50
  • 1x Paradise LA 5 chip sample set (no snapper, no $100) €12
  • 2x 1x Paradise LA 4 chip sample set (5¢, 25¢, $1, $5) €9.50
  • 5x Paradise LA single 5¢s €2 ea
All gone!

Int'l shipping tracked = €6.70, untracked = €4.20
Shipping for a single chip is cheaper. Int'l untracked €1.50

Dibs order:
  1. @Invenis * full set
  2. @khaltire (pass)
  3. @SixSpeedFury 6 chip set
  4. @Lucks7Shadow * (pass)
  5. @zqar21 * 6 chip set
  6. @cpac54 6 chip set
  7. @PatTheCat 5 chip set
  8. anyone else
Maximum one multi-chip lot per person. Singles unlimited.

* People who already ordered samples: I will not ship your samples until I have heard from you on this, to avoid having you pay for shipping again in case you decide you want something. I can add stuff to the envelope you already paid shipping for.

Last edited:
I’ll have one full sample if possible, let me know how much more I shall send through paypal. Thanks! (y) :thumbsup:

Wow! Very nice chips Nex - I’ll take the full sample set, please (y) :thumbsup:
Sorry @zqar21 but I really love any Nex’s design and just couldn’t resist :D

Reactions: Nex
Wow! Very nice chips Nex - I’ll take the full sample set, please (y) :thumbsup:
Sorry @zqar21 but I really love any Nex’s design and just couldn’t resist :D
No worries, this is just fair! I’m glad I get something :)

I'll let you know if that works once I have the decisions of the four guys in front of you!
I’ll take one of the 6 pcs sample then :) is it 16.50 EUR I shall send or is it more freight?

I’ll take one of the 6 pcs sample then :) is it 16.50 EUR I shall send or is it more freight?

Given I have the one multi-chip lot per person rule, I can already process this.
Yep, just 16.50 to my PayPal. You already ordered some samples and paid for shipping of an up to 500g envelope, it will fit the additional chips at no extra cost.

Gerne nehme ich auch ein 6er Musterset :)

Shipping to Zürich. Just shoot me a PM with total and PP info.

Okay, I've just finished sending out all the private messages to the people who ordered samples.
If you did order and have not yet received a message from me telling you I've shipped your samples, please ping me!

Looks like that's it. Everything out of the door! Hope they all have a safe journey to you guys. (y) :thumbsup:

Decided to make use of the good EUR->USD exchange rate these days and placed a small add-on order.

Fixing a minor imperfection in the original design which I realized in hindsight, and a tiny expansion for fun. Another small imperfection to be fixed with my Horseshoe tournament set as well. Stay tuned - looks like early next year...

No samples as this was a 5 minutes past midnight thing.

Even though I already did a somewhat high quality photo shoot (for an express non-pro) with my first FF DSLR here, the desire to get the imperfection fixed together with the fact that I now have an even higher performance DSLR body will very likely warrant another shoot...

Last edited:
Got info from David -- due to them not measuring the clay amounts with perfect precision, I could add up to 20 or so of each design if I'm relatively fast (few days). So it looks like I actually can offer samples here.

fdl1.png

Should be around 7.50€ for both.

The mentioned Horseshoe chip is the rework of a bounty of which there haven't been samples in the original run either, and this won't change.

Shipping I don't know for sure yet; there have been some regulatory changes that would make it 80%-140% more expensive than before because they disallow sending goods in int'l letters now. I might be able to disguise the chips as documents with some cardboard within the bubblewrap envelopes to still send them as letters. If that works it's 3.70€ and optionally 3.50€ for tracking, otherwise it's 8.89€ and optionally 4€ for tracking. Bubblewrap envelope costs me 0.50€.

- max 20 two-chip sample sets
- max one set per member (can ship sets for multiple people combined though)
- can also combine with Club Hel sample orders if there are enough
- first come first serve (Barrie already expressed interest)
Deadline is Saturday 17th October 23:59 UTC+2 by which I need the money.

1. @BarrieJ3 reserved slot
  2. @davislane pending
  3. @Phish1321 pending
  4. @arch3r paid
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -

Last edited:
Got info from David -- due to them not measuring the clay amounts with perfect precision, I could add up to 20 or so of each design if I'm relatively fast (few days). So it looks like I actually can offer samples here.

Haven't yet decided if or when to reveal the designs, for now I'll just say: two chips, L4/L7 spots, dayglo on each. Should be around 7.50€ for both.
The mentioned Horseshoe chip is the rework of a bounty of which there haven't been samples in the original run either, and this won't change.

Shipping I don't know for sure yet; there have been some regulatory changes that would make it 80%-140% more expensive than before because they disallow sending goods in int'l letters now. I might be able to disguise the chips as documents with some cardboard within the bubblewrap envelopes to still send them as letters. If that works it's 3.70€ and optionally 3.50€ for tracking, otherwise it's 8.89€ and optionally 4€ for tracking. Bubblewrap envelope costs me 0.50€.

- max 20 two-chip sample sets
- max one set per member (can ship sets for multiple people combined though)
- first come first serve (Barrie already expressed interest)
Deadline is Saturday 18th October 23:59 UTC+2 by which I need the money.
thanks for asking. are you able to do the same for the club hel rework/addon?

Originally wanted to wait until I got the actual proofs, but whatever.

Here are the mockups:
fdl1.png

The original 5c chip turned out to be a little bit too easy to mistake with the 25c in darkness for my taste, even when the spots are lit up with an UV lamp. 414 is just too close to 614 in appearance on the rolling edge. Wouldn't have been an issue if the denoms were farther apart from each other so that they usually wouldn't be on the table at the same time. But should not use the same spot type in adjacent denoms.

Penny for fun :)

Attachments

• paradise-5c-25c-uv..jpg
    paradise-5c-25c-uv..jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 92

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom