PAHWM: Really Dumb NHLE Cash Strategy Thread - You've Been Warned (1 Viewer)

MrCatPants

Full House
Reaction score
This is my normal monthly NHLE/PLO rotation cash game. This hand is NLHE. .50/.50 blinds. Our normal action player is stuck like $400 so has turned into a poker depressed nit. I always try to drive the action if the action isn't happening elsewhere.

If you read the title, and you engage, all I can say is I warned you.

SB - ABC player - $150
BB - ABC player - $120
UTG - Stuck a few hundred, has it out for hero; even his wife hates hero - $95
UTG + 1 - hero - has a TAG image - $240
UTG + 2 - Classic "shades of a calling station" - $140
MP - our maniac when he's drinking; he's down $400 though so has become a nit - $130
HJ - plays mediocre hands and loves continuing with hands like bottom pair, trying to suck out with two pair or trips - $250
CO - competent, but a little fishy - pushes mediocre hands in bad situations and can call down light - $100
BTN - competent player but shades of a calling station and a penchant for donk betting moderate holdings out of position - $100

SB posts .50
BB posts .50
UTG raises to $1
Hero DOESN'T LOOK AT HIS CARDS, WHICH HE ANNOUNCES and RAISES to $4
UTG + 2 calls
MP calls
HJ calls
CO folds
BTN calls
SB folds
BB folds
UTG calls

Pot is $25, 6 to a flop

Flop comes :tc::3d::2h:

UTG CHECKS.
Action on hero.

Last edited:
.50/.50 NLHE cash game.

SB - ABC player - $150
BB - ABC player - $120
MP - our maniac when he's drinking; he's down $400 though so has become a nit - $130
HJ - plays mediocre hands and loves continuing with hands like bottom pair, trying to suck out with two pair or trips - $250
CO - competent, but a little fishy - pushes mediocre hands in bad situations and can call down light - $100
BTN - competent player but shades of a calling station and a penchant for donk betting moderate holdings out of position - $100

SB posts .50
BB posts .50
UTG raises to $1
UTG + 2 calls
MP calls
HJ calls
CO folds
BTN calls
SB folds
BB folds
UTG calls

Pot is $25, 6 to a flop

UTG CHECKS.
Action on hero.

Hero INFORMS THE TABLE THAT A FLOP LIKE THIS VERY MUCH HITS HIS RANGE OF ANY TWO CARDS WAY MORE THAN EVERYONE WHO CALLED.
Hero PICKS UP FOUR $5 CHIPS TO SHOW AN INTENTION TO BET REGARDLESS OF CARDS.
Hero LOOKS AT FIRST CARD AND MAKES A PLEASED VERBALIZATION. :td:
Hero LOOKS AT SECOND CARD AND MAKES AN ELATED VERBALIZATION. :jd:
Hero LAUGHS WITH A TONE MEANT TO COMMUNICATE AMAZEMENT AT THE UNIVERSE
Hero INFORMS THE TABLE "YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKED"
Hero BETS $20.

UTG+2 folds
MP folds
HJ folds
BTN folds
UTG tanks for a bit and then announces ALL IN for $95.

Pot is $140, and hero faces a $75 call.

Action on hero.

Invoke UTG's wife's name and say she'd be disappointed, seeing him check.
This is close to what I would do on the call to the all in. I might also say something about a strong diamond draw and leave my hand face down as long as possible, especially if he flips over a middling pocket pair, to really earn the ire.

UTG minraised pre, under the gun.
You haven’t told us too much about his skill level or tendencies. Nor have you told us how this game plays. A minraise UTG at a full table is a pretty stupid bet, unless it’s just normal for a limpy game. It could be AA or KK, looking to 4-bet. But he didn’t 4-bet.
So I have no idea how to range this guy. If I had to guess though, a non-paint pocket pair makes the most sense to me. So he could have 2s or 3s.
But you have top pair with backdoor flush draw and an over, and you need to call 75 to win 215, so unless there’s any more useful intel, I think you have to call.

will start using this line alot more frequently now
Its huge, has improved my life. Guy looks both ways and sings a song before accelerating when the light turns green? Weak bloodline. Doesn't cry at the end of Rocky? Weak bloodline. Takes up the entire aisle with their cart full of bullshit while grocery shopping? Weak bloodline.

Whatta diagnosis. Makes life simple.

Whenever I’m faced with a situation like this, I like to remind myself that I have a 50% chance in every hand I play - I either win or I lose. Fold and that’s a 100% chance of losing. Losing is for losers. Get that money in tha pot!

follow me for more pro poker tips! #EZMoney

1. HOW do you remember this shit?
2. ABC? I'm insulted...
3. Just think what kind of superstar you could be if you didn't fill your memory with this trash.
On #2 I actually didn't remember who was sitting on the "door" side of the table and it wasn't relevant so I just filled that in.

So you should not be insulted that I called you ABC. But you should be insulted that I didn't remember you were sitting over there.

Before I call I start singing “Cecilia” from Simon and Garfunkel but I change the name to UTG’s wife and every lyric is about dryhumping her.

Then after UTG turns red and asks where the cutlery is in the kitchen I scream BINNNNNG BONNNNNNNG YOU DINNNNNG DONNNNG and call and show just the Ten.

If we win this hand we order chain mail armor and a handle of Crown from Drizzly.

If we lose this hand, we rebuy for $1002.75. I know, that’s weird, just trust me, I know where this path leads and it is true enlightenment:

.50/.50 NLHE cash game.

SB - ABC player - $150
BB - ABC player - $120

SB posts .50
BB posts .50
UTG raises to $1
UTG + 2 calls
MP calls
HJ calls
CO folds
BTN calls
SB folds
BB folds
UTG calls

Pot is $25, 6 to a flop

UTG CHECKS.
Action on hero.

Hero INFORMS THE TABLE THAT A FLOP LIKE THIS VERY MUCH HITS HIS RANGE OF ANY TWO CARDS WAY MORE THAN EVERYONE WHO CALLED.
Hero BETS $20.

UTG+2 folds
MP folds
HJ folds
BTN folds

HERO STARTS TALKING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE HANDS THAT CAN MAKE A MOVE LIKE THAT AND HAVE HERO BEAT - AND CAN NOT COME UP WITH MANY AS ALMOST ALL WOULD HAVE RAISED AGAIN DURING THE PREFLOP ACTION.
UTG PULLS HOODIE OVER HEAD AS HERO KEEPS TALKING.
HERO CONCLUDES THAT THE ODDS HE IS UP AGAINST Q10, K10, OR A10 IS MUCH LOWER THAN THE ODDS OF NO LOOK AT CARDS BLUFFY AGGRO.
HERO CALLS.

UTG asks to RUN IT TWICE.

HERO always obliges.

Hero holds twice against :kh: :5c:

1667700658151.gif

.50/.50 NLHE cash game.

SB - ABC player - $150
BB - ABC player - $120

SB posts .50
BB posts .50
UTG raises to $1
UTG + 2 calls
MP calls
HJ calls
CO folds
BTN calls
SB folds
BB folds
UTG calls

Pot is $25, 6 to a flop

UTG CHECKS.
Action on hero.

Hero BETS $20.

UTG+2 folds
MP folds
HJ folds
BTN folds

HERO STARTS TALKING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE HANDS THAT CAN MAKE A MOVE LIKE THAT AND HAVE HERO BEAT - AND CAN NOT COME UP WITH MANY AS ALMOST ALL WOULD HAVE RAISED AGAIN DURING THE PREFLOP ACTION.
UTG PULLS HOODIE OVER HEAD AS HERO KEEPS TALKING.
HERO CONCLUDES THAT THE ODDS HE IS UP AGAINST Q10, K10, OR A10 IS MUCH LOWER THAN THE ODDS OF NO LOOK AT CARDS BLUFFY AGGRO.
HERO CALLS.

UTG asks to RUN IT TWICE.

HERO always obliges.

Hero holds twice against :kh: :5c:
Ummmmm
Was your opponent possibly named Robbi??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom