PAHWM: 10NL ACR Is there a right way to play JJ? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting and wanted to share & get feedback. Anonymous fast folds and no useful HUD info.

Hero in LJ RFI 2.2 BB with JJ and gets 2 callers, HJ & BB.

1653509534324.png

Hero flops a set on a connected board and BB X. Action to Hero?

1653509585142.png

I like a bet. Tons of weaker hands that will give us some action here. We just have to be aware of all of the T9s type of hands that do have decent equity against us.

Range should favor our opponents so I actually like a decent size. Maybe 60% pot.

I like a bet. Tons of weaker hands that will give us some action here. We just have to be aware of all of the T9s type of hands that do have decent equity against us.
Same thinking, I was going to say bet 5bb. (60% is 4.2bb)

So I definitely agree with a bet here as I dont want to lose value if it X around, nor do I want draws seeing free cards, but I do have concerns about making a large bet because I dont want both villains to fold nor do I want to face a raise if someone has the nuts. There are 4 combos of QTs (HJ) and another 12 combos of QTo (BB "getting a price") which have us crushed. So if I bet too large, they will fold out stuff that might continue to a smaller bet AND I tighten their calling range and possibly face a large raise that I cant call.

I put this is Snowie and it chooses the 1/4 pot sizing with higher frequency (but does have a mixed strat at pot sizing with same EV which I dont understand. 1/2 pot and 2 pot sizings are pure X, I actually emailed Snowie support about this, it would seem that the strat would be a mix between X, 1/4 pot and 1 pot sizes if all 3 have the same EV) - anyway our Hero chooses 1/3 pot.

1653511593235.png

1653511682718.png

And HJ raises, BB folds. Hero?

1653512140937.png

So I definitely agree with a bet here as I dont want to lose value if it X around, nor do I want draws seeing free cards, but I do have concerns about making a large bet because I dont want both villains to fold nor do I want to face a raise if someone has the nuts. There are 4 combos of QTs (HJ) and another 12 combos of QTo (BB "getting a price") which have us crushed. So if I bet too large, they will fold out stuff that might continue to a smaller bet AND I tighten their calling range and possibly face a large raise that I cant call.

I put this is Snowie and it chooses the 1/4 pot sizing with higher frequency (but does have a mixed strat at pot sizing with same EV which I dont understand. 1/2 pot and 2 pot sizings are pure X, I actually emailed Snowie support about this, it would seem that the strat would be a mix between X, 1/4 pot and 1 pot sizes if all 3 have the same EV) - anyway our Hero chooses 1/3 pot.

View attachment 917239

View attachment 917241

And HJ raises, BB folds. Hero?

View attachment 917245
The HJ was the first immediate caller correct? He should have TT but more realistically 99 and 88 way more often than anything that beats us. I assume villain will want to play those for stacks so I think we actually want to just repop it pretty big here. I don’t want to give T9 with back doors a good price OOP either.

The HJ was the first immediate caller correct? He should have TT but more realistically 99 and 88 way more often than anything that beats us. I assume villain will want to play those for stacks so I think we actually want to just repop it pretty big here. I don’t want to give T9 with back doors a good price OOP either.
I agree. Re pop here and play for stacks. If he has the straight you have decent equity still. And, you're never folding so let's ship it.

Snowie definitely agrees with a re-pop albeit with a small 1/4 pot sizing. I emailed the Snowie team and they explained that the bet sizing is determined by Hero's range and has no relation to Hero's exact hand FWIW.

1653569379312.png

Hero can see a mix of nuts, draws and worst sets that take V's line. My concern is that re-popping here might result in worse hands folding and only better hands calling. Probably too conservative. I dont think draws continue to a re-pop here so I am only getting called by nuts (4 combos) and sets (6 combos); given how tight this is, Hero decides to just call to hope to continue to get value from worse hands on future streets.

Hero calls, turn is a blank, Hero X and V bets 3/4 pot. Hero?

1653569590349.png

Well honestly, I think I missed the boat by not raising river. Hero called. This just shuts down V on the river IMHO and OOP I'm not getting any more value. Should have raised river. Snowie likes the river raise.

1653593577695.png

River completed the back door, Hero X and V X behind :(
Hero did scoop but left value on the table by not raising flop or turn.

1653593625185.png

You would have stacked him if you bet the pot on the flop, and he could have avoided all that if he had radically overbet preflop.
Low stakes world.

Low stakes world is filled with idiocy, stupidity, cretinism, absurdity, pathetic-ness.
All these are winning propositions, with the right help from the site's algorithm (when it comes to Pokerstars, at least).

I am betting that flop strong...too many draws that will pay to play. I am willing to play for stacks on that flop or turn. For obvious reasons not happy with that river and would slow down the river bets depending on what I have behind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom