Reshipping (ordering closed) Oval Time Buttons Order Thread (2 Viewers)

Customs inspecting this shipment ...

Nothing But Time.gif

Hi Everyone I should receive the TIME BUTTONS tomorrow. I found out today my shipment was on hold because the US Customs I believe decided I needed to pay a Duty Fee of 112.85 which I just paid. Until I paid that import duty fee the packages would be on hold. I haven't come across this fee on stuff I ordered from Tina or during the @SUN-FLY Poker Chips Prestige GB. The main DHL site just told me my shipment was on hold. It did not tell me anything about duty fees or anything owed. I had to dig a bit deeper which brought me to another page with further explanation of the fees which I paid so we are all good now. Thanks.

1637889397432.png

1637889155263.png

Hi Everyone I should receive the TIME BUTTONS tomorrow. I found out today my shipment was on hold because the US Customs I believe decided I needed to pay a Duty Fee of 112.85 which I just paid. Until I paid that import duty fee the packages would be on hold. I haven't come across this fee on stuff I ordered from Tina or during the @SUN-FLY Poker Chips Prestige GB. The main DHL site just told me my shipment was on hold. It did not tell me anything about duty fees or anything owed. I had to dig a bit deeper which brought me to another page with further explanation of the fees which I paid so we are all good now. Thanks.

View attachment 816808

View attachment 816802
That's disappointing. Has anyone else buying from Sunfly been hit recently?

That's disappointing. Has anyone else buying from Sunfly been hit recently?
There were 4 boxes these things needed to be shipped in because we ordered a lot of buttons. It could be Customs believed these were not for my sole personal use and hit me with duty fees. I haven’t seen fees like this in the US before and have only seen this when shipping to other countries. Curious if @SUN-FLY Poker Chips has seen this.

There were 4 boxes these things needed to be shipped in because we ordered a lot of buttons. It could be Customs believed these were not for my sole personal use and hit me with duty fees. I haven’t seen fees like this in the US before and have only seen this when shipping to other countries. Curious if @SUN-FLY Poker Chips has seen this.
I guess I just need to be ready to eat it if my order gets picked out. I have an order of almost 1500 chips in the queue with Sunfly. Almost certainly will fill two boxes. I hadn't factored in the potential of duty fees with the order in my cost as I hadn't heard of anyone ordering from Sunfly previously getting hit with them.

That's quite a duty fee, slip it up and send the MikeBill Mike, no reason for you to eat this sir!

Sounds scary for the incumbent MSK order too!
Seconded. I'll help make you whole Mike. No reason for you to eat the unexpected fees.

Hi Mike,

I asked our forwarder this morning as soon as I saw your post regarding the tariff, and I'm still waiting for answers from other shipping agents. Here's our forwarder's reply:

1637897678291.png

Basically what they are saying is that if the invoice value is lower than $300, it's very unlikely that your custom will charge you for the duty fee; there is about 5% chance that your custom will charge you if the invoice value is between $300 to $500; 30% chance of $500 - $800 range, and 90% chance above $800.

I'm not sure if this is the real case, I'm still asking some more agents to get more accurate answer.

I know you didn't anticipate the extra duty fee, neither did I, afterall I'm not fully aware of how the US custom works and what the duty standards are. However I feel responsible for not seeing this coming, so how about this: we give you $112.85 as credit for your next purchase, you can use the credit to buy any kind of our chips except shipping.

I also need to clarify that this compensation is not for the duty fee since SUN-FLY does not have control over the US custom, the reason that I want to compensate you is because I didn't remind you that there might be a chance that you will be charged by your custom.

Please let me know your thoughts and I'll see what to do next. Thanks

Best Regards,

John

Last edited:
Seconded. I'll help make you whole Mike. No reason for you to eat the unexpected fees.
Sorry for not saying anything earlier. I thought it was understood that this fee would be split between everyone participating. Im definitely pitching in to help with the fees.

This is a very nice gesture from Sunfly. Did this happen on the Prestige group buy where those that had large orders got hit with import fees? @MegaTon44 is off partying now but I'd like to hear if in any of his orders that he got hit with anything when he bought his sets.

This is a very nice gesture from Sunfly. Did this happen on the Prestige group buy where those that had large orders got hit with import fees? @MegaTon44 is off partying now but I'd like to hear if in any of his orders that he got hit with anything when he bought his sets.
As far as I recall, the shipping of Prestige order was carried out by one of our Hongkong forwarder and we used DDP term, it was not shipped by DHL or UPS or FedEx, you didn't pay for the duty fee because we paid for it.

As far as I recall, the shipping of Prestige order was carried out by one of our Hongkong forwarder and we used DDP term, it was not shipped by DHL or UPS or FedEx, you didn't pay for the duty fee because we paid for it.
Got it. I've had smaller lots from Europe that came in with a value under $300 shipped via DHL that I didn't get hit with. I suppose it makes sense depending on the value of the shipment if customs takes notice.

@Nuhockey you'll have to show me where you went to pay the duty fees on the DHL website when I inevitably go though the same thing with my order.

Hi Mike,

I asked our forwarder this morning as soon as I saw your post regarding the tariff, and I'm still waiting for answers from other shipping agents. Here's our forwarder's reply:

View attachment 816862

Basically what they are saying is that if the invoice value is lower than $300, it's very unlikely that your custom will charge you for the duty fee; there is about 5% chance that your custom will charge you if the invoice value is between $300 to $500; 30% chance of $500 - $800 range, and 90% chance above $800.

I'm not sure if this is the real case or, our forwarder was lying, I'm still asking some more agents to get more accurate answer.

I know you didn't anticipate the extra duty fee, neither did I, afterall I'm not fully aware of how the US custom works and what the duty standards are. However I feel responsible for not seeing this coming, so how about this: we give you $112.85 as credit for your next purchase, you can use the credit to buy any kind of our chips except shipping.

I also need to clarify that this compensation is not for the duty fee since SUN-FLY does not have control over the US custom, the reason that I want to compensate you is because I didn't remind you that there might be a chance that you will be charged by your custom.

Please let me know your thoughts and I'll see what to do next. Thanks

Best Regards,

John
Thanks John that is great of you and the credit you propose works for me. Even though this was something unexpected for me I wasn’t planning on asking anything from you guys(Sun Fly) because I figured any duties usually aren’t covered unless specified. For the Group Buy members I didn’t see this duty coming, but I ran the group buy and didn’t ask for any payment for this before and never mentioned it so I felt it was fine if I just paid it. Thanks to all you guys offering up to give more, but the Sun Fly credit fixes things. The only thing I still need to collect is the shipping to you guys. The Sun-Fly credit would be great as I can add on to my custom prestige GB set or start a new set.

Last edited:
Got it. I've had smaller lots from Europe that came in with a value under $300 shipped via DHL that I didn't get hit with. I suppose it makes sense depending on the value of the shipment if customs takes notice.

@Nuhockey you'll have to show me where you went to pay the duty fees on the DHL website when I inevitably go though the same thing with my order.
Hi Joe hit me up if you have issues. I’ll help you figure out where to go.

Hi guys I opened the boxes and was able estimate that we have about the correct number of TIME Buttons we ordered. The sleeves of buttons are packed 23 to a sleeve. We have 36 Black Sleeves, 47 Blue Sleeves, and 30 Red Sleeves give or take a few on the Blues and Red as there weren't enough on a Red or two Blue sleeves to make 23.

IMG_5254.jpg

I did a test on a USPS SFRB below. This is 4 Sleeves of 23 buttons for a total of 92 TIME Buttons. I can't fit another sleeve packed as they are in 23, but 4 sleeves will fit and I can make 100-110 TIME Buttons once I break a sleeve up. I will begin collecting the shipping tomorrow night for a SFRB for most of you. I will start Emailing the Group Emails tomorrow night Starting with Group 1 and then the next group and so on. For someone like @ATLarchip who has 120 Chips I'll see what I can do, but if 120 doesn't fit I will need to ship 1 SFRB along with a smaller supplemental package which will be cheaper than a MFRB. For someone like @Ben8257 whom I need to send other stuff he will get MFRB and that will be after this GB. For the guys who got 50-60 buttons we still need to go with a SFRB because of the weight of the buttons. Those that are international please PM Me your address so I can figure out your actual shipping. Once Shipping has been collected Please send me your address and I will send your package.

IMG_5253.jpg

Thanks and Let me know if anyone has any questions,
Mike

Hi everyone I have gotten a most of the payments for shipping already and have most of the addresses already and got a bunch of the Small Flat Rate Boxes from the PO today. I will be doing the postage tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday and start sending some packages on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi all prepaid shipping labels were printed last night. This GB is much easier since everything is going in a SFRB. I didn't need to individually weigh everything and calculate one package at a time. We have two members that haven't gotten a chance to pay yet, but they are people I dealt with before so there are no issues on me printing the labels for them. The boxes will be packed tonight and tomorrow. Some packages will go out tomorrow and others will go out by Saturday. I will then begin posting tracking #'s in the GB PMs.

What do you think of these oval time buttons? The pictures you shared look great. Just curious about your opinion, since you have them in-hand.

And can you take a picture next to other chips / dealer buttons to show the scale?

James Hi,

I had taken this picture when I got the samples to show the scale. I posted this somewhere, but I can't remember where on here. These are a great size for use in games. You won't get them confused with chips and these types of Buttons are used in major tournaments which where I got the idea to make these.

IMG_5187.jpg

I was able to get in on samples, I have a blue / yellow in hand, I forgot to change my order to blue / yellow from black / yellow primary.

That is how great they look! I wanted to change my order lol - They are super bright and look great!

Hi Guys I was able to get 11 out of 20 SFRB packages packed for shipment tomorrow. It didn't go as fast I thought it would. I plan on packing more packages Friday Night for shipment on Saturday. If I can't get all the packages done tomorrow night some packages in PM group 5 may have to ship on Monday. Thanks for understanding.

Mike

Hi guys the lay 9 packages for Group 4 and Group 5 were boxed up and labeled. They will be dropped off at PO tomorrow and I will send tracking tomorrow or Sunday.

Hi guys ill post the tracking maybe tomorrow. I got the Moderna Booster last evening at 5PM and it is kicking my butt today. I have a fever and my body is sore and aches all over. I dropped the packages this morning when I was still feeling Ok. I even went to help install Drywall at my church today then I started to feel worse and worse as time progressed where I had to leave. The first two original doses didn’t produce side affects for me in April . Thanks

Hi guys ill post the tracking maybe tomorrow. I got the Moderna Booster last evening at 5PM and it is kicking my butt today. I have a fever and my body is sore and aches all over. I dropped the packages this morning when I was still feeling Ok. I even went to help install Drywall at my church today then I started to feel worse and worse as time progressed where I had to leave. The first two original doses didn’t produce side affects for me in April . Thanks
I was the exact same way, but with Pfizer. Felt fine after about 12 hours of aches and fever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom