OSB vs Plywood (1 Viewer)

Baltic Birch will not remain flat. It has to be kept flat if you twist on a wall and leave it it will start to take the twist...

Curious how thisturned out for you?
I ended up using plywood, I am still not done with the build(3 months later), just have to wrap rail in vinyl but that is it. I am hoping to get that completed this weekend, once i get it done i will post some pics in this thread and the table pron thread as well.

It's all about support...

Attachments

• 184536121_pokerblank.jpg.6998afb2fcee28b828d339bcb8c1569e.jpg
    184536121_pokerblank.jpg.6998afb2fcee28b828d339bcb8c1569e.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 93
it will just be flat on the table, I guess i was asking for the racetrack what kind of wood would you suggest using?

Wait what? You wouldn't want to use OSB for a racetrack lol. Unless you are doing something crazy (like this carbon fiber racetrack), just use a piece of cabinet grade ply and stain it an appropriate color. Of course conventional PCF wisdom (which I agree with) is that racetracks, while pretty, are dogshit for playing poker on and you shouldn't build one.

He was asking about a racetrack - a portion of the playing surface that is exposed wood. Use whatever you want for the rail of course.

I'm reflecting on the original question. He didn't say he screwed up the table base.

Lol, then you responded to a question from 15 minutes ago with an answer to a post from 6 months ago. Good on ya.

But he could if he knew how or I showed him..

Attachments

• 20200818_123524.jpg
    20200818_123524.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 71
I ended up using plywood, I am still not done with the build(3 months later), just have to wrap rail in vinyl but that is it. I am hoping to get that completed this weekend, once i get it done i will post some pics in this thread and the table pron thread as well.
Anxiously awaiting the final build pics and an invite to the home game.

Edit: I'll settle for just build pics

Last edited:
Heck I haven't had a real game in years..All my players are dying off old age. I've lost 3 in the last few years. Cancer, heart problems, etc...I'd even settle for holdem these days...

Why I bought an old boat to fix up. Only requires one to play...

Anxiously awaiting the final build pics and an invite to the home game.

Edit: I'll settle for just build pics
I have to finish it the rail, and right now i am out of commision since i have this stupid virus which i just found out today.

Just trying to help...
Use the quote, or reply button when replying to anything other than the very last post, otherwise it becomes to confusing to try to parse out exactly which post you are replying to.

Absolutely dank. Was putting the cup holders in the rail difficult?
Not to bad, hardest part was cutting the vinyl big enough to get the cup holder into the rail. Under the vinyl I have wood rings to help support the cup holder too. Put those in after the rail was vinyled.

Attachments

• 20201219_151155.jpg
    20201219_151155.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 57

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom