Ordering from CPC (1 Viewer)

viet rounder

Two Pair
Reaction score
Sorry everyone. It’s been over a decade since I’ve ordered any custom chips. I still randomly pop in and out to visit the forum. Recently I’ve been thinking of ordering a set or two from CPC as gifts for my regular players. Could someone fill me up on the ordering process? It seems as though under the new owners, there is a window timeframe for each mold? Is that correct?

Sorry everyone. It’s been over a decade since I’ve ordered any custom chips. I still randomly pop in and out to visit the forum. Recently I’ve been thinking of ordering a set or two from CPC as gifts for my regular players. Could someone fill me up on the ordering process? It seems as though under the new owners, there is a window timeframe for each mold? Is that correct?

No window to order but not all molds run consistently. Depending on mold choice, order volume of that mold, and timing you could have a shorter or longer wait.

No window to order but not all molds run consistently. Depending on mold choice, order volume of that mold, and timing you could have a shorter or longer wait.
So back in the days of CT (rest in peace) we would be able to order any mold. Orders usually takes up to 3x months from scratch to finish. Is the general wait time about the same now?

They collect orders for each mold until they have enough volume (# chips) that it's worth the work to mount the mold, then it runs as one of the next few molds after the currently mounted one. Exception being 39mm A-mold which is always also mounted.

If you are lucky you are one of the last people to land their order for a particular mold (or place a really large order) so that "your" mold runs soon after you order. If you are not so lucky, you wait a long time until they get enough additional orders for your mold before it actually runs.

Back in late 2017, it seems like the magic threshold is around 2.5k-3.5k chips. I ordered over 2.6k chips and got told it'd immediately trigger a production run. Of course it's been a long time, circumstances today are heavily different (fuck corona) so don't expect this to still be accurate.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to email @David Spragg directly from CPCs website. The wait times for some molds will be a lot longer than 3 months due to a back log of orders. I believe David has indicated previously he is not able to discuss wait times in threads but he might share a rough timeline if you place an order or email an inquiry.

process is pretty easy otherwise.

...then there's another important factor - covid, due to which they run at a much lower capacity. Things have been taking way longer than usual. In addition, as all the molds are delayed, and people keep adding to their existing orders, the delays get even longer.

Reactions: Nex
More importantly - HOW DO I BECOME ONE OF YOUR REGULAR PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

When you dump 1k every game and brush it off the next morning... lol

In all honesty, the players are ballers and we are making effort to have multiple players host the games in intervals. That way the scenery changes which makes things more interesting. For this reason it is necessary that every player hosting should have their own chip set. BUT... like anything we have priorities so instead of custom chips I may opt to get a nice table from Chans tables.

If the mold isn’t very important you can ask David which mold you can order to be included in the next run. But that is still no guarantee of getting them in less than 3 months, I would say at this point you are lucky if you see anything in 6 months.

looking forward to seeing what you get made if you proceed. Your BCC set is still one of my favorites.

So back in the days of CT (rest in peace) we would be able to order any mold. Orders usually takes up to 3x months from scratch to finish. Is the general wait time about the same now?
Longer now. My SR set was at about 8 months, and CP was about 6. It's super dependant on the mold run. But if you order and can slip into a run when it starts, 3 months might be doable.. You can always reach out to David and see timetables.

If the mold isn’t very important you can ask David which mold you can order to be included in the next run. But that is still no guarantee of getting them in less than 3 months, I would say at this point you are lucky if you see anything in 6 months.

looking forward to seeing what you get made if you proceed. Your BCC set is still one of my favorites.

One mold will be the A-mold (for Alex). The second will be the B-mold for Brysen

If you have an H name, you’ve hit all the “letter” molds. :)

We actually have a player nicknamed ‘H’. That’s literally what everyone calls him. Problem is he doesn’t see much action anymore every since he opened up a cocktail lounge. One of the most stand up guys in the crew

At least with my last order (arrived mid 2019) it still was the case, and I don't think this would have changed. The yield of the production is not 100% so they always have to make a couple of extras to ensure enough good chips remain to fill the order. Since it's an outcome of randomness that can only be guesstimated in a ballpark, often enough some extras remain after replacing rejects.

The number always varies and depends on a couple of factors - total number of chips ordered with that particular design, the type of edge spot (but there seems to be no rule like "the more complex the spot, the more extras", or at least it has exceptions), likely more.

You should absolutely not rely on bonus chips if you want some extras aside from your set so you can replace broken or lost chips down the line. If you want those guaranteed, order more chips. That's what I do at least

We actually have a player nicknamed ‘H’. That’s literally what everyone calls him. Problem is he doesn’t see much action anymore every since he opened up a cocktail lounge. One of the most stand up guys in the crew
He should be able to afford a set Himself:D

He should be able to afford a set Himself:D

Lol! Not based on what’s happening right now. This guy poured everything into this lounge and on opening week, covid hits. Hate to see this happen to good people. He showed up at last game and we all felt bad taking $400 from him (note that amount is still smaller than the losing average at our game).

Can you post some pics of your existing customs? I’ve heard a lot about them but any pics disappeared with one of the previous sites apparently.

They have been limited with restrictions due to COVID and are running at about half the normal capacity. I ordered an elephant and crown mold in early April and probably wont have them for another 3 months or so. Unless you get lucky I don't think you will get anything under 6 months until the restrictions are lifted.

I emailed David about a Jockey order in mid-june and he said the Jockey mold had just come out of production a week prior so that put the last run finishing up sometime around first week of June 2020.

Well he just told me the next run won’t be for another 9x months. So I’m just curious to know when the last run was. Don’t recall seeing too many jockey customs around

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom