Tourney Opinion on my structure for 7 hours of play (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Guys, any comments on my structure for a 7 hour tourney? is the chip count enough or should I give more chips as buy in / add on? This is a re buy tournament.
The reason why its very long and demons are high is becuase I want to use my new T100,000 chips, that is a must.

thanks

1671556914574.png

Rule of thumb is to expect the tourney to end when BB = 5% of chips on the table (chips on table = 20 BB)

This requires some estimate of # of players at start, # of anticipated rebuys (are you allowing multiple rebuys per player?) and # of anticipated add-ons.

At 700 pesos ($35ish) per, are most of your players willing to drop MXN 2100 or more to buy in, rebuy and add-on?

Assume 8 players start and all get the bonus, w/ 6 rebuys and 8 add-ons you have 1,510,000 chips. (8x55000, 6x45000 & 8x100000). 5% of that is 75500, which is pretty much level 19, so you are fairly close as is. More/less players and/or more/less rebuys and more/less add-ons will move it up or down a level or so, but in general it seems pretty close.

Rule of thumb is to expect the tourney to end when BB = 5% of chips on the table (chips on table = 20 BB)

This requires some estimate of # of players at start, # of anticipated rebuys (are you allowing multiple rebuys per player?) and # of anticipated add-ons.

At 700 pesos ($35ish) per, are most of your players willing to drop MXN 2100 or more to buy in, rebuy and add-on?

Assume 8 players start and all get the bonus, w/ 6 rebuys and 8 add-ons you have 1,510,000 chips. (8x55000, 6x45000 & 8x100000). 5% of that is 75500, which is pretty much level 19, so you are fairly close as is. More/less players and/or more/less rebuys and more/less add-ons will move it up or down a level or so, but in general it seems pretty close.
Thank you man, I knew the rule of the 5% that is why I kinda based my tourney like that but I was not sure if I could do more.
thanks again for the feedback!

rebuys for 3.5 hours seems excessive.

If I were to play in this tournament, I would show up at the end of late reg, buy in + the add on for 145K and play my 24 big blind stack. I play in an online tournament on Saturday mornings sometimes with a structure similar to this, and this is exactly how I play it.

Seven hours is a lengthy tournament for a single table, but maybe your players are up for it.

There are two flaws that stand out, one is the doubling of the blinds from level one to level two, reducing the number of big blinds to 137.5 and less than 100 BB's by level three. That is not what I would consider a deep stack structure. Two, the average stack, sans re-buys, is 14 big blinds prior to the add-on period. I would anticipate a lot of re-buys. Not sure if that is your goal.

One possible remedy would be to increase the starting stack to 50K, drop the 500/1000 level in favor of a 100/300 level and cut off the rebuys at the end of level 8. That allows players to buy back in at the 1500/3000 level for 50 big blinds versus 24.

I would also change level 13 to 600/1200 and give players a 10 minute break every four levels for uniformity.

Seven hours is a lengthy tournament for a single table, but maybe your players are up for it.

There are two flaws that stand out, one is the doubling of the blinds from level one to level two, reducing the number of big blinds to 137.5 and less than 100 BB's by level three. That is not what I would consider a deep stack structure. Two, the average stack, sans re-buys, is 14 big blinds prior to the add-on period. I would anticipate a lot of re-buys. Not sure if that is your goal.

One possible remedy would be to increase the starting stack to 50K, drop the 500/1000 level in favor of a 100/300 level and cut off the rebuys at the end of level 8. That allows players to buy back in at the 1500/3000 level for 50 big blinds versus 24.

I would also change level 13 to 600/1200 and give players a 10 minute break every four levels for uniformity.
great advices man, thanks I will consider!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom