Online Small Stack Strategy (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I’ve been playing cash games lately at 25NL on Bovada, about 900 hands playing an hour or so after work a few nights a week.

I am always buying in for the max, but I see a lot of players buy in for the minimum, and reload for the minimum as well.

I avoid playing a lot of with them because there isn’t much to win behind. I haven’t seen them playing any kind of real shove/fold strategy, either. Just playing smallish pots, usually winning with a cbet on the flop.

What kind of strategy are they deploying? I figure it isn’t worth it to play against them unless with a premium hand. Just not enough reward. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I’ve been playing cash games lately at 25NL on Bovada, about 900 hands playing an hour or so after work a few nights a week.

I am always buying in for the max, but I see a lot of players buy in for the minimum, and reload for the minimum as well.

I avoid playing a lot of with them because there isn’t much to win behind. I haven’t seen them playing any kind of real shove/fold strategy, either. Just playing smallish pots, usually winning with a cbet on the flop.

What kind of strategy are they deploying? I figure it isn’t worth it to play against them unless with a premium hand. Just not enough reward. Am I wrong in thinking this?
Yes. Most of them are just fish that don't realize they can buy in bigger, or just don't want to "risk" buying in bigger. I'd still play your normal ranges against them for the most part. But maybe adjust your open size when they are in the blinds to 2.5x (60c). They aren't doing anything special by buying in short.

Thanks. I’ll start to play back with them a bit more. I have definitely folded hands I would’ve otherwise played because I was probably weighing their stack size too much.

Thanks. I’ll start to play back with them a bit more. I have definitely folded hands I would’ve otherwise played because I was probably weighing their stack size too much.
You'd be surprised by how infrequently they tend to 3 bet or shove pre.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom