Online Home Poker (4 Viewers)

kk405

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if there are any apps or sites that have a customizable home game that we can use. Obviously it's important that it comes from a credible platform. I am also hoping we can find reviews and practical experiences of some players who have joined and started playing/hosting games. The stakes are irrelevant, so are the methods of settling (I assume everyone will settle via Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, check, etc.). I know of two: Poker Stars Home Game and Pokerrrr 2. I tried using PS and even though it's an awesome platform, it's very inflexible and not good for building/hosting cash games (if I am wrong, please let me know). I haven't tried Pokerrrr 2 yet. Hopefully @ChaosRock and others can chime in here as well.

Last edited:
There is even a “rake” capability on p2. A lot of clubs are making big bucks off it.
Yeah I saw that. I just to free private games with the homies. The app we used is Pokerrrr 2. It's supposed to be third party tested for RNG and we used Discord for chat and audio.

Anyone ever use Pokerface? I just got an invite from a friend. Looks interesting because you can see and chat with everyone at a private table.

Pokerrrr2 is pretty legit. Tons of money clubs that use electronic forms of payment to settle. I won’t say it’s rigged but there are definitely quite a few coolers though.

I heard form a friend that there is a lot of cooler rivers ... but i remember from days of PS and FTP, most always used to say online is rigged due to crazy flops, turns and especially rivers...

I heard form a friend that there is a lot of cooler rivers ... but i remember from days of PS and FTP, most always used to say online is rigged due to crazy flops, turns and especially rivers...
A fuckin stuuuuuuupid amount or coolers. Don't get why, but it feels so unnatural sometimes. I've been rivered so many times in big pots that I don't want to do cash anymore. I'm only playing tournaments now.

Personal experience/review/dos and don'ts?
I’ve been playing for a day or so with a group of guys. Only some cash, but been playing 5 card O8, which is great. I’m using my phone, and the interface is VERY small, but reading glasses help.

I’ve been hit with some crazy run outs AA225 vs K957x on 34K flop. Get it all in and it goes running 9’a ....

All in all, I like the app a lot

We just wrapped up a STT on PokerStars and god it was painful. There is so little tourney setup customization that it was a really rough game with the preset blind structure. Unless I am missing some settings somewhere it is something I dont think I can go back to. It took us 3hrs to get through a 6 player STT with 10min levels. I really like how smooth the program is once you have the game going and we really had confidence it the play. We all had a separate google hangout window open which made it fun. But we lost one guy who just couldnt figure out the terrible un-intuitive setup. But its the lack of customization that may just be a deal breaker. It is obvious the software was designed 10+ yrs ago. Tomorrow night we are going to give Pokerrrr2 a go.

As far as lack of randomness I was dealt 7-2 nine times in three hours of play. That doesn't seem right. I actually won twice but wasn't able to collect my usual bounty on it.

Also be careful about using the slider for bet sizes as well as manually entering a bet. If you enter a wrong number you can end up all in or betting a significant amount of your stack on accident.

We just wrapped up a STT on PokerStars and god it was painful. There is so little tourney setup customization that it was a really rough game with the preset blind structure. Unless I am missing some settings somewhere it is something I dont think I can go back to. It took us 3hrs to get through a 6 player STT with 10min levels. I really like how smooth the program is once you have the game going and we really had confidence it the play. We all had a separate google hangout window open which made it fun. But we lost one guy who just couldnt figure out the terrible un-intuitive setup. But its the lack of customization that may just be a deal breaker. It is obvious the software was designed 10+ yrs ago.
We've been using the pokerstars software for years running the PCF nightly tournaments. A lot of early trial-and-error went into the development of the 11 different events we offer today.

Using 10 minute levels only works with small starting stacks, if wanting to keep event times at roughly 2 hours for single-table play.

20k stacks and 5-minute levels generates a two-hour tournament for a single table of 9 players.

We used Pokerrrr 2 for cash games the last 2 nights. Pretty easy to set up and play. I'm not used to playing computer poker, but I have to say having all the hands and profits/losses logged is nice. There's no ability to do a group voice chat unfortunately. We just set up a group voice chat on our phones instead.

Technically it costs a little money to host a private game, but if you create a club so that when everyone joins you get extra gold tokens, you can play for free for a few games. You also "earn" a free gold coin every 24 hours.

If you do end up paying, it works out to a dollar an hour at the most expensive rate (a gold coin every 10 min). You can also buy a single 3 hr pass every 24 hrs for the equivalent of $1.33 worth of gold coins.

Last edited:
Are these done on a computer or mobile device? Thinking I need to look into "hosting" my next game or two online.

Are these done on a computer or mobile device? Thinking I need to look into "hosting" my next game or two online.

Ok, so far the comparison info as far as I can tell are for the private invite only options (please anyone provide feedback and I can update this):
  • Pokerrrr2
    • mobile app
    • free to download. play requires coins which are free at first and then bought in the app store.
    • high degree customization
    • recommended for cash or tournament
    • some reports of lag when full table of players playing
    • perhaps better for play among trusted friends due to manager controls and unproven randomness
    • By far the easiest to set up and go of all these options
  • PokerStars
    • desktop app
    • free to download. play requires points which are free at first and then bought from the store. Each game would cost something minuscule like $0.10 thereafter
    • minimal customization
    • recommended for tournament only
    • initial setup is time consuming confusing and not intuitive
    • gameplay is incredibly stable and well trusted
  • Poker Mavens
    • desktop app for host/manager and online web browser for players which can be played on mobile
    • $40-$400 to download for the host/manager only. free thereafter. free for players.
    • high degree of customization
    • tournament or cash
    • complicated initial setup. Probably too much setup for just a couple games during quarantine
    • requires the host to host the poker game site on their computer server for others to access and play

Last edited:
Ok, so far the comparison info as far as I can tell are (please anyone provide feedback and I can update this):
  • Pokerrrr2
    • mobile app
    • free to download. play requires coins which are free at first and then bought in the app store.
    • high degree customization
    • recommended for cash or tournament
    • some reports of lag when full table of players playing
    • perhaps better for play among trusted friends due to manager controls and unproven randomness
  • PokerStars
    • desktop app
    • free to download. play requires points which are free at first and then bought from the store. Each game would cost something minuscule like $0.10 thereafter
    • minimal customization
    • recommended for tournament only
    • initial setup is time consuming confusing and not imntuitive
    • gameplay is incredibly stable and well trusted
  • Poker Mavens
    • desktop app for host/manager and online web browser for players
    • $40-$400 to download for the host/manager only. free thereafter. free for players.
    • high degree of customization
    • tournament or cash
Thanks for the recap. All of them can allow me to keep the game private? i.e. I can invite players of my choosing, and no outside players would be allowed to join? $40 to $400 for Poker Mavens? What's with the wide range? Guess I'll have to look.

Thanks for the recap. All of them can allow me to keep the game private? i.e. I can invite players of my choosing, and no outside players would be allowed to join? $40 to $400 for Poker Mavens? What's with the wide range? Guess I'll have to look.

Yes to all of those questions (just updated my post). These are all intended for private home games and are invite only. PokerStars you just use the "Home Games" area because there is the regular public poker functionality.

May have to do a trial run and see what everyone thinks of it. Probably just go with the Pokerrrr2 option because I think the mobile feature is more likely to be accepted by my players over sitting at a computer.

May have to do a trial run and see what everyone thinks of it. Probably just go with the Pokerrrr2 option because I think the mobile feature is more likely to be accepted by my players over sitting at a computer.

I am currently testing Poker Mavens. The user end can be played on mobile but the system itself is set up to run an entire poker site. I like the idea but it’s pretty complicated. I will give some thoughts if I get it done.

I am currently testing Poker Mavens. The user end can be played on mobile but the system itself is set up to run an entire poker site. I like the idea but it’s pretty complicated. I will give some thoughts if I get it done.
Doing the $40 lite version, I assume?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom