Wanted One rack+ of 312 Large Greek Key (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Looking for an option to use as a frac (or possibly as a $1 with the current $1 as a frac) that goes with this set. Reply or PM with what you may have available!

1622580374958.png

Check spinettis for the monte carlo set of chips, considered using them to go with Dragonara, but jound some jetons

Good luck! Keep us posted. Can't wait to see what happens with this set.
Will do! Next question will be whether to keep the Tuesday Night Poker theme, or re-label. I sort of like keeping it original outside of maybe swapping the $1 and adding a frac.

I gotta say, there's some appeal in keeping the original. It's not exactly an inspired design, but there's a sense of history to the set, and it's kind of neat to preserve that history.

BUT AT THE SAME TIME

I usually dislike murder but for chips without a molded recess like these I think it makes sense, because you can reuse the recess left behind from removing the inlay and it'll still look good. If you and/or a designer can come up with a design that you really like, then a set of Large Greek Keys like this can end up being an absolute dynamite set. The original label will be gone, but the chips themselves still have the history behind them, just with a new chapter: "Yeah, these were somebody's personal set, and eventually they found their way to me, and I gave them a new lease on life with a new label."

Thinking about it, if it were my set, I'd set aside maybe one, maybe five each of the three denominations and leave them with the original label as a memento of their history, and then relabel the rest of the set.

Just as an example, here's a set that looks absolutely stunning on the BCC Medium Greek Key. With the LGKs you've got slightly less room for the decal, but it's not that much smaller; still plenty of room for a beautiful design.

1622640698575.png

I gotta say, there's some appeal in keeping the original. It's not exactly an inspired design, but there's a sense of history to the set, and it's kind of neat to preserve that history.

BUT AT THE SAME TIME

I usually dislike murder but for chips without a molded recess like these I think it makes sense, because you can reuse the recess left behind from removing the inlay and it'll still look good. If you and/or a designer can come up with a design that you really like, then a set of Large Greek Keys like this can end up being an absolute dynamite set. The original label will be gone, but the chips themselves still have the history behind them, just with a new chapter: "Yeah, these were somebody's personal set, and eventually they found their way to me, and I gave them a new lease on life with a new label."

Thinking about it, if it were my set, I'd set aside maybe one, maybe five each of the three denominations and leave them with the original label as a memento of their history, and then relabel the rest of the set.

Just as an example, here's a set that looks absolutely stunning on the BCC Medium Greek Key. With the LGKs you've got slightly less room for the decal, but it's not that much smaller; still plenty of room for a beautiful design.

View attachment 710834
That Capital Room set is AMAZING, hadn’t seen it before.

There is a chip that would be absolutely perfect for this lineup (in color and matching edge spot) as a $1 and keep the current $1 as a frac. I’m hoping @TheBigTater and I can work something out for Lord Jim’s 10! (Or maybe the 5)

*crosses fingers*

1622647701407.png

1622647908167.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom