Official Home Game Pics Thread! (29 Viewers)

194494D4-AA3D-42B3-93DE-881497500F47.jpeg

@AllinBallin w @inca911 and some guys I found on CL

Microstakes rule!
Seriously, this was the best time I’ve ever had playing poker! We had so much fun! I’m patient, and put pressure on when I feel I’m good. He’s wild (nearing maniac levels), and squirrelly, and he was catching a lot of monsters, which is a bad recipe for me. He ended up taking it down, so I’m buying him in on Sunday.

One hand, I caught trips against his paired A, and when I reraised him, he said “you have a 6, don’t you?” I try to go stoic, but the way he asked question made me smile inwardly, and he caught just a twitch of a smile and folded.

Another time, he reacted just a little to my raise, and made the call. It was convincing, probably would have fooled most people, but my dad sense was tingling. I checked the river behind him, and he showed 2nd set against my paired A. He was ticked that I didn’t bet.

Another hand, I had A9, board was AQ6. He shoved the turn, and after tanking I folded. He turns over just one card, a Q. He said later he had had AQ, but I’m not sure I believe him.

I’be never experienced it, but I’d love to have a full table of good friends who are experienced poker players. I’m working on it.

Getting set up for tonight’s league with a 3pm cash game warm-up.

I thought we were starting at 1? :) If I remember correctly, the BJ's don't shuffle really well? I might have to borrow a dozen shuffling chips from one of your other 14 set? :)

Is that $60.00 starting stacks for the cash?

I thought we were starting at 1? :) If I remember correctly, the BJ's don't shuffle really well? I might have to borrow a dozen shuffling chips from one of your other 14 set? :)

Is that $60.00 starting stacks for the cash?
Yes $60 and some shufflers are no problem!

I’be never experienced it, but I’d love to have a full table of good friends who are experienced poker players. I’m working on it.

They key is to keep teaching people. Over half of our regular poker group never played poker before they showed up for a game. I hold Poker School 30 minutes before the game for any newbies. It's been a successful formula for building our group.

That was a fricken horrible tourney. It took me three hours and a rebuy before I raked a pot. Then it was only the blinds. I played 3.5 hours and that was my only raked pot before being eliminated. Absolutely horrible. Then I proceeded to go four buy in's deep in the cash game. I was on my last buy in at 10 pm and down to 20 bucks. I ended up making a comeback and only losing 125 on the night (80 from tourney losses). Somebody threw my line back at me when I was whining "play better", so I threatened to flip the PCF table top roll out mat ( I would probably throw my back out if I tried to flip a poker table).

No poker for a couple of weeks. That might be a good thing.

B

Thanks to @RocAFella1 for running a great game and for being the dedicated dealer for the entire night. Tons of action and a few massive pots went down. Some crazy swings from a few players kept it lively and we got some $25s into play.

Ran my initial $200 buy in up to $500 at one point but tried to run one too many big bluffs. It was probably a mistake to show one large semi bluff where I got pocket Q’s to fold on the turn. Ended the night with $312 so no complaints here. Hope I can make it to next week’s game!

Some pics

680E6A50-37F5-43D0-BE1B-1F6427CDCFFC.jpeg

FEB45EDF-85A9-4AA8-966B-5E696B9E7672.jpeg

Cashout

CDE37DBA-AB98-4586-854D-7F5F8042D93A.jpeg

@zo121179, Used the PCA’s as bounties.

I got the Nexgens in play for awhile after the tourney, but I forgot to snap a pic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom