Official Home Game Pics Thread! (74 Viewers)

My son is 25 and plays regularly with us and I hate it. I can't stand being at the table with him because I can't stand taking his chips and seeing him disappointed. I know it is the game but last night he was sitting to my right and several times I would have normally raised the action but since he was in i didn't. I know it shouldn't affect my play and he is an adult , but it does. Probably always will.

My son is 21, and he's crafty, crazy, and fun. I'm more measured, and much tighter than he is, but crafty in my own way. That said, we usually don't end up tangling much, because we know how the other plays. He'll semi-bluff, and I'll re-raise, and he gets the point. I'll check the turn, and he won't bet, because he thinks I'm trapping him--and I probably am. He said something after our last game like "I had you roped in, but you folded!" I replied "I folded before I lost more chips because I knew what you were up to." That said, we love taking each other's chips, and we do when we can, but we're highly suspicious of each other in the game.

Last edited:
My son is 21, and he's crafty, crazy, and fun. I'm more measured, and much tighter than he is, but crafty in my own way. That said, we usually don't end up tangling much, because we know how the other plays. He'll semi-bluff, and I'll re-raise, and he gets the point. I'll check the turn, and he won't bet, because he thinks I'm trapping him--and I probably am. He'll said something after our last game like "I had you roped in, but you folded!" I replied "I folded before I lost more chips because I knew what you were up to." That said, we love taking each other's chips, and we do when we can, but we're highly suspicious of each other in the game.

We talked about this recently when discussing how couples sometimes play each other (re: a recent tourney where husband and wife were in the final 3, and how @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie play against each other). In a nutshell, players who know each other well and have a ton of history may look to an outsider as if they are colluding, but they aren't. This is very different from actual soft-play.

My advice to @bsdunbar1 is basically what @BGinGA says: talk to your son and let him know that you're going after his money at the table just like anybody else's. That's the nature of the game. It'll be more fair to the rest of the players, and it will help your son in the long run by forcing him to get better if he wants your stack.

Got to rally a last minute games last night with @pokerplayingpisces and a few others from the Colorado crew. Got into some wild mixed games and even some double board!

9FC03F0E-A7FC-47DC-9991-11E815A7139B.jpeg
4AF328E6-F7C0-4305-90D1-D3A0A13E428D.jpeg
A5A75673-A596-4CEF-AD26-9128FB332B24.jpeg

Small neighborhood home game 25/50 cent Holdem. Good thing is I met a couple new neighbors. Bad thing is play was excruciatingly slow and when I felted the buddy they brought he silently ran upstairs and just stood in my driveway. I didn’t know the guy and my family was sleeping but they all said he’d be fine. I don’t think I want him back. He was drunk and tried to push me off top pair by going all in with his last $1.75, it didn’t work. I’ll also add that last night really made me appreciate our current poker group even more. I am most definitely a poker snob now and find it difficult to tolerate call/raising and never knowing it is your turn and shuffling the cards 12 times etc etc. They are good guys to drink beer with but crisp attentive poker is the only way to go!
C708D9C5-B7A4-4DB1-8260-799766475001.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom