Official Home Game Pics Thread! (53 Viewers)

What's that... Last word?

And I'm not talking. I'm typing on my phone.

In a hand.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Woah! I didn't know a jitterbug phone could go online! What a world we live in.
download (2).jpeg

I remember Saoliver well. Only played a little cash with him, and that was well after I was burned-out for the weekend, but he was a good dude.

I didn't see him on his phone though.
He was. He kept texting me and sending me photos of people's feet. It was weird.

This MF be sniping your classified dibs in the middle of $1,500 pots SMH
Exactly this ... otherwise I lose all the good chippies! Everyone else at the table sees the poker chip photos on my phone and they think I’m obsessed. It actually prevents me from playing terrible hands so I think it’s improved my game. Bonus!

Could you run it as basically 2 separate events, and then merge the events when on the bubble?
That is what someone suggested to me by text this morning. Basically run it as a shootout. We could either do three table shootout starting 7/7/6 or two tables with 10/10. Not sure I want to do that but it may be the only way. Also, I think we would need to increase the starting stacks somewhat to allow for the extra short handed play.

Last edited:
That is what someone suggested to me by text this morning. Basically run it as a shootout. We could either do three table shootout starting 7/7/6 or two tables with 10/10. Not sure I want to do that but it may be the only way. Also, I think we would need to increase the starting stacks somewhat to allow for the extra short handed play.
A semi-random-draw four-table five-handed shoot-out would be better, and guarantee that worst-case, team members would only be playing together at the four-player final table. Score it as 1st through 4th, then 2nd-5th at each of the four starting tables*.

If space is an issue, split the two 10-player tables in half -- one 5-player field on each end.

* Or you could have the four 2nd-place finishers at each table simultaneously play a 4-handed table for 5th-8th place, and award token (or no) points for 3rd-5th at the starting tables.

How I deal with cancellations is pretty foolproof. I run a weekly cash game and I can only fit 6 comfortably at my table, so if you have cancellations it really screws with the game. So I have a large group that I send out the invite to and update how many seats are left. No maybe's, only a confirmation and then your seat is confirmed. If you no-show or cancel without a good reason, you're off the invite list.

I suck at communicating via pm, but my game is next weekend if you can’t enough players. Game is pushing full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom