Official Home Game Pics Thread! (86 Viewers)

The cash chips are Casablanca's and we are using DUNES china clay for the tourney set in these pics.. we rotate them every other tourney ....

062.jpgGetAttachment[1] (4).jpgGetAttachment[2].jpg287.jpg142.jpg140.jpg144.jpg064.jpg a few more from my house and around town... PARA DICE AND GOLDEN BROKEN ARROW CHIPS in play

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

oops did not mean to upload the kids watching tv in the poker room. :)

We play 1/3 or 2/5 normally for Hold EM or 1/3 for mixed games HI LO , OMAHA Triple draw etc....

Attachments

• 007 (2).jpg
    007 (2).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,441
Yeah, I figured with all the big names you had playing there'd have to be some crazy cash game action available for them to sit in a tourney to win 3K

I prepared 2 pounds of steak tips and made a low sauce chili (I know beans mean its not real chili but just roll with this). I was doing okay until about 6am, when c(Asian guy) and I played heads up PLO and this hand happened:QUOTE]

What! Since when does chili not have beans? Goes better with PBR! :D

Right on KIRCH ..... my wife went there actually... She is a Lynchburg native .. thanks for the compliment. We typically do a $ 250 + 30 buy in two table max so 20 players to win $ 3k. We pay the top 3 spots s0 3k 1st $1500 2nd and $500 3rd then the cash begins once we get down to one table... We have had the game for a number of years and it has been good times... I have educated anybody that will listen about chips as I am a professed chip nerd/snob etc...and have been able to convert players into the hobby as well... though my hobby is now borderline obsession :)

We are lucky enough to have the toughest tourneys around .. we run once every two weeks with a $ 3,000 GTD for first.... As you can tell by the pictures the line up speaks for itself. Yes... thats Greg Raymer and Soheill Shamseddin ...in case you were born on Jupiter look them up.. Also Chris Edwards, and Milan Dragic .. all on the hendon mob database... Collectively we have over 12 million in tourney winnings at our game on a fairly consistent basis.... if you wanna get better this is the place for sure to cut your teeth...
here are some pics .....

View attachment 4779

View attachment 4780

View attachment 4781

Wish I could have rotated these ..sorry about that !

Fixed! :)

Holy moly Deezer, that is some serious game. I just remember that I played one game with Matt Matros when he lived in DC but that's not quite the same level.

The game is in NC ... Mr Tree..... Excited to make the trek to your stomping grounds this spring to check out your place.. Looks spectacular.. By the way .. do guys bring some of there sets to show while there? I will be coming with "After the Fact" - look forward to making the road trip happen

Meridian.... we are 5 hours or so in each direction from Harrahs Cherokee and Maryland Live so the mid way point in NC where I live so there is a good deal of good homes games around .... which means all kinds of great chip sets too... I think I have sold six or seven sets to the local games around.... as much as I would have liked to have kept them all its so nice to know where they are if I ever want to play. :)

From last nights 14 person (supposed to be 16 but a few no shows WITHOUT notice). Was a great night. I bought in for $50 and cashed out $165. Modest take. The forefront table is the bumper pool/poker/dining table I bought a month ago. LOVE IT but not the best to play poker on. Very hard surface.

Attachments

• 20150124_203036[1].jpg
    20150124_203036[1].jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 508
The game is in NC ... Mr Tree..... Excited to make the trek to your stomping grounds this spring to check out your place.. Looks spectacular.. By the way .. do guys bring some of there sets to show while there? I will be coming with "After the Fact" - look forward to making the road trip happen

Meridian.... we are 5 hours or so in each direction from Harrahs Cherokee and Maryland Live so the mid way point in NC where I live so there is a good deal of good homes games around .... which means all kinds of great chip sets too... I think I have sold six or seven sets to the local games around.... as much as I would have liked to have kept them all its so nice to know where they are if I ever want to play. :)

Id love for people to bring sets to show off. AfterTheFact had told me he had a friend coming with him but didn't realize it was you.

Probably won't show any faces in order to protect the innocent and those on wanted lists, but I will try and add to this thread weekly with a different chip set (approx 12 in rotation).

The game: running for approx. 7-8 years with a solid core of regs. Average week we will have 8-10 players turn up out of a pool of around 20. Started out as a weekly tournament but quickly morphed into a 1/2 NL cash game. It now plays as 1/2 NL up to midnight then dealers choice with ANY game welcome.

Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics but better than nothing I guess. Most Pics will be taken early in the night as I tend to forget as the game gets later.

Last Week: Vineyards

IMG_0775_zpsqzslr119.jpg

IMG_0778_zps7y5hfutm.jpg

IMG_0772_zpsldyfaz36.jpg

All-in then a Re-raise:

IMG_0780_zpsyifw2a5o.jpg

Raise - call - raise all-in:

IMG_0774_zpsrkclix0d.jpg

This Week: Deadwoods:

Early pot - warming into it

IMG_0798_zpszhk8nmcq.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsvoirnb0e.jpg

IMG_0809_zpstquenqw8.jpg

Player 1 flops the set of deuces and gets it in. players 2 calls with the AA. No prizes for guessing what hit the river:

Hosts stack in the foreground - waved most of it goodbye about 3 hrs later!

IMG_0803_zps01z9fpwj.jpg

Player 2 would call the all-in and roll AQ for the win.

Player 1 "yep............ perfect bluff timing!"

IMG_0812_zps1jadsjh3.jpg

Post 1am Dealers choice game underway. Game plays pretty loose (we recently had a 3 handed $1300 pot in a game of Blind Mans Bluff) and plenty of laughs are had - slow-rolling encouraged on occasion also.

Playing group favorite 4-5 handed game: We simply call it nine. Think SOHE on steroids.

Nine cards each (no burn flop 5 handed) make the following 3 hands and cap it with a chip: NL, 3 Card Omaha, Omaha. Each hand is trying to win a 3rd of the pot. Obviously you want 2/3 or a scoop which is hard. Interesting point in this game is having second nuts in two places and potting it. Its all about where the cards are set. Iv'e seen the craziest stuff ever in this game.

A variation sometimes called is play it as dealt so you set the hands in the order the cards arrive. Makes for less nutty hands and possibly even more action if players think they can get 2/3 or a scoop.

IMG_0816_zpsqwhdsefp.jpg

Same hand during the showdown: All 3 stacks in this pic went in on the river.

AK takes the NL hand, flush wins 3 card Omaha, flush wins Omaha. 3 way chop.

IMG_0824_zpszqdzlir2.jpg

Next Week: Capital Rooms.

Last edited:
aussies!!!!

hey guys if you're in Canberra I have a fortnightly game on Fridays 2 $20 sng and cashie playing five card omaha. Its Low low stakes but its pretty good fun!

$3000 home game tourneys... Spot the poker pro Sheesh that is not something I can even wrap my mind around.

Unbelievable But Soooo coool

This week: Capital Rooms.

As previously stated I am pretty crap at remembering to take photos so only a few this week and it was also a pretty quiet night with only 6 players for various reasons. .

These chips are without a doubt one of the groups favorite. When BCC got it right, they really did hit it out of the park. These chips are some of the best ever IMO and easily compare with any other chip out there.

Initial buy-in stacks/bank:

IMG_0878_zps9fpq1hlc.jpg

Yes sometimes we use $2 chips in a 1/2 game because why not!

IMG_0881_zpswvcottfs.jpg

IMG_0887_zps6bsmg5iv.jpg

IMG_0888_zps885m6zcu.jpg

IMG_0889_zpse3wqgrkl.jpg

Next Week: New felt (overdue) Stardust Tournament chips and event 5 of a 30k Satellite series.

ordinarily i could never bring myself to like a post that features $2 chips in play in a $1/2 game, but those chips are so beautiful i just can't hold it back.

Damn. I'm just thinking about how sick three birdcages full of those $2 chips would be...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom