Official Home Game Pics Thread! (64 Viewers)

Great game last night at @justsomedude
(1) One table with 10x so we could use AS. When more than 10 showed we split the table into two short-handed. (2)Redrew for seats and I moved to the normal 1x Stardust table. Chips getting switched out. (3) When a couple busted, combined again into the one 10x table of AS.

Great night! Hot dog roller FTW. I'ma have to get one of them...
Great meeting more chippers, bonus I cashed up!!
@justsomedude @Chbyfngr @ruskba @One Eyed Dollar
69428893-5479-4EE1-A86F-61CB42963400.jpeg
9486FE32-479C-420D-B7A4-64B34BA10DC7.jpeg
627CF0EF-BFC0-4053-BFE5-46DFFA24C77A.jpeg

Shout out to @inca911 for hosting a great game Saturday night! There was no shortage of action! A few highlights:

2) Quite possibly the craziest thing I have ever seen playing cards happened while playing double board Omaha.

Board 1: 9 Q 4 5 2 - All red
Board 2: 9 Q 4 5 2 - All black

I will let someone smarter than myself figure out the odds of that happening, but it has to be astronomical!!!

1) Playing 4 handed 7 card stud, and unfortunately my below hand lost to Aces full of Jacks. :sick:

Attachments

• 20190112_220918.jpg
    20190112_220918.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20190112_224649.jpg
    20190112_224649.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 125
@abby99 : We've got an odds calculation request for you (or any other PCF math savant)! Full disclosure: I was dealer and lost both boards with two pair: 4s and 5s. I've played a lot of double board, and have never seen anything close to this symmetry....

:wtf:

1 in eleventy billion??? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

@abby99 : We've got an odds calculation request for you (or any other PCF math savant)! Full disclosure: I was dealer and lost both boards with two pair: 4s and 5s. I've played a lot of double board, and have never seen anything close to this symmetry....

View attachment 236464
50:50, either it happens or it doesn't.

(Note: these math skills are why I'm such a great poker player.)

A couple months ago, I mentioned the idea of playing a Chaos tournament as described (invented?) by @moose in the linked thread. They loved the idea, and on Tuesday night we played our first. Since our group has a lot of Hold'em only players, I've initially removed ante games (e.g. stud) and some of the more confusing games (e.g. Drawmaha). I plan to re-add them over time, but I want these guys to get used to Pineapple, Omaha, and fixed-limit first.

Here's a shot of a hand using Rule 37 (Deal burn cards face up, board cards face down. Players make the best hand using the three burn cards, instead of the five board cards).

1547762472280.png

In this next shot, you may notice a Google Home sitting on the table. One of our players also maintains our league web site, and he implemented an app on the site and a corresponding Google Action that selects a random rule for each hand. It will also select random numbers for rules that require dice rolls. It was faster and easier than dice and printed rule sheets, and it really kept the game moving.

1547763501061.png

The evening started off right when I folded preflop, the small blind won the first hand, and then on his deal he pulled rule 38 (exchange chips with the smallest stack). Several of us were tied and I won the flip, so I was up T200 without having played a hand yet. I did really well early and built up a sizable stack, but fast blind increases and a long run of card death caught up to me.

1547763464848.png

I think we'll be tweaking the rules a bit. There were a couple that didn't work well for us, like 68 (Until the pot is won, put 1 SB in every time you say a word with the letter 'e'). A couple of us tried at first, but then everybody just decided to be silent until the hand was over, and it killed the social vibe of the game for a couple minutes. Also, we weren't sure if the jackpot was supposed to start empty or not, so we seeded it with a starting stack (T7000). That was WAY too much. o_O

Overall, though, it was great, and the group is really looking forward to playing again next month. As we get it dialed in and eventually add a few more games, I think it'll continue to be fun, and I'm also hopeful that the new game one-offs will open some of the Hold'em only crowd to trying new games.

A couple months ago, I mentioned the idea of playing a Chaos tournament as described (invented?) by @moose in the linked thread. They loved the idea, and on Tuesday night we played our first. Since our group has a lot of Hold'em only players, I've initially removed ante games (e.g. stud) and some of the more confusing games (e.g. Drawmaha). I plan to re-add them over time, but I want these guys to get used to Pineapple, Omaha, and fixed-limit first.

Here's a shot of a hand using Rule 37 (Deal burn cards face up, board cards face down. Players make the best hand using the three burn cards, instead of the five board cards).

View attachment 237162

In this next shot, you may notice a Google Home sitting on the table. One of our players also maintains our league web site, and he implemented an app on the site and a corresponding Google Action that selects a random rule for each hand. It will also select random numbers for rules that require dice rolls. It was faster and easier than dice and printed rule sheets, and it really kept the game moving.

View attachment 237167

The evening started off right when I folded preflop, the small blind won the first hand, and then on his deal he pulled rule 38 (exchange chips with the smallest stack). Several of us were tied and I won the flip, so I was up T200 without having played a hand yet. I did really well early and built up a sizable stack, but fast blind increases and a long run of card death caught up to me.

View attachment 237165

I think we'll be tweaking the rules a bit. There were a couple that didn't work well for us, like 68 (Until the pot is won, put 1 SB in every time you say a word with the letter 'e'). A couple of us tried at first, but then everybody just decided to be silent until the hand was over, and it killed the social vibe of the game for a couple minutes. Also, we weren't sure if the jackpot was supposed to start empty or not, so we seeded it with a starting stack (T7000). That was WAY too much. o_O

Overall, though, it was great, and the group is really looking forward to playing again next month. As we get it dialed in and eventually add a few more games, I think it'll continue to be fun, and I'm also hopeful that the new game one-offs will open some of the Hold'em only crowd to trying new games.

Glad you liked it. That google home thingy is cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom