Official Forum Glossary Suggestion Thread (1 Viewer)

Helpful for international forum members: Term: CONUS
Definition: CONUS is shorthand for the Continental United States (i.e. the 49 states, including Alaska and the District of Columbia and excluding Hawaii, on the North American continent). When a delivery is referred to as CONUS, that means its point of origin and destination are within the continental United States. Includes APO (Army/Airforce Post Office) and FPO (Fleet Post Office) which are for overseas armed forces postings and cost the same as domestic shipping when shipped with e.g. USPS.

Helpful for international forum members: Term: CONUS
Definition: CONUS is shorthand for the Continental United States (i.e. the 49 states, including Alaska and the District of Columbia and excluding Hawaii, on the North American continent). When a delivery is referred to as CONUS, that means its point of origin and destination are within the continental United States. Includes APO (Army/Airforce Post Office) and FPO (Fleet Post Office) which are for overseas armed forces postings and cost the same as domestic shipping when shipped with e.g. USPS.
Thanks for posting the definition, and Citing sources!!!

-- Added

I really enjoy this type of Term, because this could cause confusion or debate, maybe not very likely but it fits the form factor.

Thanks for posting the definition, and Citing sources!!!

-- Added

I really enjoy this type of Term, because this could cause confusion or debate, maybe not very likely but it fits the form factor.
No worries! I hadn’t realised I cited sources but the hyperlink snuck in there.

You should add "fracs", "barrel" and "rack" to the glossary. I already found out their meaning but it would've been quicker through a reference there. Thanks!

You should add "fracs", "barrel" and "rack" to the glossary. I already found out their meaning but it would've been quicker through a reference there. Thanks!
Those terms are already in the glossary.

Thanks... then perhaps the glossaries should be unified and put into a more prominent position. Just my two cents. I'm still a newb.
It's on the site homepage above the fold. :cool And in a few other places too.

2023-07-03_07-45-08.jpg

Suggestion: GLWS

I'm an old hand at internet/usenet jargon, so I am able to deduce [ Good Luck With (your) Sale ]. It's not in the glossary though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom