OfficerLovejoy relable project - Silver Sevens (1 Viewer)

I did quietly think this when you were putting the set together originally, so very glad to see you looking at other options.
Don't think stuff quietly! Safe me from my mistakes!
I love the colour and brightness, that works great with your other chips. But, for me, that edge spot pattern is way too similar to the Snappers. Though I don't have any good suggestions for you, sorry :x
Well they for sure are similar but the snapper seems to have the "higher value" edgespot pattern which makes it a perfect progression to me. I might be wrong though.

Whoever wants to weigh in here is welcome to do so. :)

Another consideration is make your Snapper the new $25 and get an 43mm IHC as your highest Denom if you cant find any good replacement
Yes, also a good idea. Something blaze like the jack cincy primary $1k would look cool for sure.

IMG_20210624_110520.jpg

Picture credit: @Raphmivey

I would need to get at least two more barrels of used Jack cincy snappers in addition to those 43mm... But definitely something I will consider.

Well they for sure are similar but the snapper seems to have the "higher value" edgespot pattern which makes it a perfect progression to me. I might be wrong though.
yup, snapper is definitely the high value chip here. The spot progression works for sure, this is the joy of the hobby as folks like different chips and combo's.

I like the idea above of a 43mm high value chip. I've just done similar on my latest cash set. But as you say, that would mean finding MOAR snappers, which could work out just as expensive as boat chips :confused

Last edited:
Since I happen to own a cincy $1k, I was able to spread out a sample set to test the 43mm value chip idea:
IMG_20211201_102555.jpg

I do like it, but I originally wanted a denom between the snapper and the sam's town to prevent the set from feeling too pink-ish.

What do you guys think?

Since I happen to own a cincy $1k, I was able to spread out a sample set to test the 43mm value chip idea:
View attachment 820005
I do like it, but I originally wanted a denom between the snapper and the sam's town to prevent the set from feeling too pink-ish.

What do you guys think?
A blue $5 chip and a pink $25?
And an orange hundo?
Well, I'm not a huge fan.
But I'm probably the only one in this case.

A blue $5 chip and a pink $25?
And an orange hundo?
Well, I'm not a huge fan.
But I'm probably the only one in this case.
Well the idea was to intentionally stray from traditional colors and to just go for stuff that is visually pleasing.
True traditionalists won't get over this, but that is something I'll have to live with, I guess. ;)

But if it eases your mind (or maybe you'll hate it even more!): The plan is to go for non traditional denoms as well!
Here's the planned breakdown:
100x 10ct - charcoal solids
300x 50ct - silver sevens whites
120x €2 - sams town blues
60x €10 - ESPT 25 greens
20x €50 - cincy snapper hot pinks
Total Bank: €2000

I'm gonna spread 10ct/10ct up to 30ct/50ct with this set which will cover 90% of my games.

Working with @timinater on the lables as we speak. :)

By the way...
Let's say I had these coming, already milled and all sexy.
IMG_20211125_110238.jpg
D62B5E3D-4B8A-485D-8E0B-FBDB0C9A5F48.jpeg
7B10145C-9B63-4C0E-A57D-2B6EB752D093.jpeg
BC5C8BD8-9296-4BBA-B9C1-879496A27EC9.jpeg
IMG_20211124_121036.jpg

Would these maybe make an even better frac than the charcoals?
Edit: now with the correct mockup
Download (21).png

My chipping confidante @Mr_Y3RAC is not convinced that the edgespot progression works but I like it.
I think you gotta take the number of colors into account as well.

Last edited:
By the way...
Let's say I had these coming, already milled and all sexy.View attachment 820186View attachment 820187View attachment 820188View attachment 820189View attachment 820190
View attachment 820214

My chipping confidante @Mr_Y3RAC is not convinced that the edgespot progression works but I like it.
Keep the Charcoal, Move the yellow as your $5, the blue as your new $20. drop the snapper replace it with the blaze orange Jack as your $100.

Can we see a sample line up like that, I think it will look quite amazing

Keep the Charcoal, Move the yellow as your $5, the blue as your new $20. drop the snapper replace it with the blaze orange Jack as your $100.

Can we see a sample line up like that, I think it will look quite amazing
I don't have the arc yellows in hand yet, they're at my trusty reshipper @arch3r .
I did a mockup though.
Download (22).png

Edit: for comparison the 2 other options (provided I track down some espt 25s)
Download (21).png
l4Klvp3QTwq4tXlG.png

Last edited:
By the way...
Let's say I had these coming, already milled and all sexy.View attachment 820186View attachment 820187View attachment 820188View attachment 820189View attachment 820190
View attachment 820214

I think that edgespot progression works just fine!

By the way...
Let's say I had these coming, already milled and all sexy.
View attachment 820214

I love those arcs as fracs. Not a fan of them as the $5, simply because they have only 2 colors, while the awesome silver sevens $1 has 4 colors and I think that would feel awkward progression wise.

However one thing I'm not a fan of in this lineup is the condition mismatch between the ESST(?) T25s (AND likely the Jack snapper) compared to the rest. I hate mixing used and minty chips in the same set. It's one of my biggest points of chipping OCD, so YMMW, but please do think that through closely before you decide. I would 100% ditch the ESST(?) $25 and likely the Jack snapper as well based on what I can see from your pictures. The jack snapper seems to go 19-20 vs the other chips. (They are obviously awesome chips in their own right though, dont get me wrong), but those mixed stack heights tilt me to no end. They also make stacking and counting chips harder and annoying. That might not be a huge problem though, considering its mainly for your higher denom chips and people are not super likely to have multiple barrels of them all at once. (Depends how big your game plays I guess)

I do like the 43mm suggestion on your top end for your €50 chip. Feels substantial compared to the rest and a proper value storage, almost like a plaque. I know some people dont like mixing sizes, but that I dont mind at all. Only stack heights worry me, lol.

I love those arcs as fracs. Not a fan of them as the $5, simply because they have only 2 colors, while the awesome silver sevens $1 has 4 colors and I think that would feel awkward progression wise.

However one thing I'm not a fan of in this lineup is the condition mismatch between the ESST(?) T25s (AND likely the Jack snapper) compared to the rest. I hate mixing used and minty chips in the same set. It's one of my biggest points of chipping OCD, so YMMW, but please do think that through closely before you decide. I would 100% ditch the ESST(?) $25 and likely the Jack snapper as well based on what I can see from your pictures. The jack snapper seems to go 19-20 vs the other chips. (They are obviously awesome chips in their own right though, dont get me wrong), but those mixed stack heights tilt me to no end. They also make stacking and counting chips harder and annoying. That might not be a huge problem though, considering its mainly for your higher denom chips and people are not super likely to have multiple barrels of them all at once. (Depends how big your game plays I guess)

I do like the 43mm suggestion on your top end for your €50 chip. Feels substantial compared to the rest and a proper value storage, almost like a plaque. I know some people dont like mixing sizes, but that I dont mind at all. Only stack heights worry me, lol.
I'm definitely with you on stack sizes and that uniformity is important.
The jack cincy snappers are bought as used and I'm already shuffling them on my desk to remove the last bit of discrepancy.
I can take pictures of stack sizes later.

The espt will be of better condition though, which could be a problem...

I'm still open to other suggestions but I think there should be some bright green in the set... If I just go for the blaze 43mm value Chip right after the snapper, there might be too much yellow/orange...

Download (23).png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom