GB Completed NUTS antique silver - 50mm bounty - 60mm DB (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I will begin this group buy with the same disclaimer that I began my NUTS table topper group buy with: this might be an epic failure in terms of generating interest from others, but I am going to order some custom metal bounty pucks based off of the NUTS theme that I created.

In 2021 and 2022, I made some custom 60mm metal dealer buttons for my NUTS chip sets. I think they turned out amazing.

Nuts 7 - Side A.jpgNuts 10 - Side A.jpg

Then I started thinking about a metal bounty puck. I wanted to make them stackable, so the first thing I had to do was remove the acorns from above the NUTS logo, because they are raised metal on the dealer buttons. Then, I wanted the back of the puck to be the NUTS squirrel in some crosshairs, making it perfect for a bounty. The rolling edge will still have the NUTS slogan, "even a blind squirrel finds the nuts." The diameter of the pucks will be 50mm, and I plan to give them a "black nickel" finish, which is kind of a dark silver finish.

Exact pricing will depend a lot on how many are ordered. My best guess right now is they will be in the $6 to $7 range per puck. So not cheap, but not outrageous for a quality, engraved metal product, either. Pretty similar to buying small quantities of ceramic dealer buttons, honestly. Production will take at least a month, if my memory is correct.

The proof sheet is below. If you want to order some of these bounty pucks, please post in this thread with your desired quantity. Hopefully, we can order enough to bring the price down to the lower end of the range mentioned above.

EDIT: If there is enough interest, I will also order some 60mm NUTS dealer buttons. The design will be exactly the same as the ones produced the last two years, but the finish will use the same "black nickel" as the bounty pucks.

1698162523173.png

Last edited:
ORDER CHART

PCF handleLocBounty (50mm)DB (60mm)
HimewadIA502
TX_Golf_N_PokerTX1
JeffIL3
BenjaminotaurWI13
OcharacatoCA201
B0mbp0tGA25
JackstrawNV2
improvisealldayHI1
Ben8257MD1
turboj623AZ1
namsupakWV2
UncleMiltyCA121
TOTALS12411

Last edited:
You are killing it with this theme. I'm stealing all your ideas when I get around to completing my Texas Flood themed chip sets.

I would love to just have one of these to see how they turn out. I realize that doesn't help much, so I understand if you would prefer to have a higher minimum order.

You are killing it with this theme. I'm stealing all your ideas when I get around to completing my Texas Flood themed chip sets.

I would love to just have one of these to see how they turn out. I realize that doesn't help much, so I understand if you would prefer to have a higher minimum order.
I'm not opposed to shipping out small quantities, but a single would almost double your cost when you add shipping.

Love the NUTS theme. No need for bounty chips right now, but please let me know if you ever do another run of the DB!

Love the NUTS theme. No need for bounty chips right now, but please let me know if you ever do another run of the DB!

Someone else reached out to me about the dealer buttons, as well. If I remember correctly, those ended up being in the $15 to $20 range because the order quantities were smaller, the size was 60mm, and also because the 3D raised acorns added to the price. I could probably be talked into ordering more of them.

Someone else reached out to me about the dealer buttons, as well. If I remember correctly, those ended up being in the $15 to $20 range because the order quantities were smaller, the size was 60mm, and also because the 3D raised acorns added to the price. I could probably be talked into ordering more of them.
These might be the best quality DB I have seen… I will be in for a silver (I have the gold)

These might be the best quality DB I have seen… I will be in for a silver (I have the gold)
I appreciate that. Yes, they turned out great. The first version was made with an "Antique Silver" finish, and the second version was made with an "Antique Gold" finish. There are other options, as well. I was told by the vendor that the copper turns out very orange-ish, so he always steered me away from that finish.

Maybe if there is enough interest for a dealer button run, I could do both the bounty puck and the dealer button in the Black Nickel finish this year. Then maybe the copper finish next year.

Antique Gold
Antique Gold.jpg
Antique Silver
Antique Silver.jpg
Antique Copper
Antique Copper.jpg
Black Nickel
Black Nickel.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful! Dibs antique silver :)

I received the final pricing numbers, and it looks like the 50mm bounty pucks will be $7.00 each and the 60mm dealer buttons will be $16.00 each. I think the bounty pucks are on the higher end because my initial quote didn't include the painted engraving on the back - it was just for a simple non-painted engraving.

I think shipping to me is included in those prices IIRC. Re-shipping will be extra, obviously. I'll be reaching out to each of you to confirm your orders and request payment.

If anyone wants to get in on this order, let me know in the next few days. I plan to close this on Monday, November 6.

Sorry for the delay. I've been going back and forth with the vendor about the black nickel design, and it's just not going to look right with that metal finish unless we do a major overhaul on the design.

As a result, we are going with the Antique Silver metal finish on the Bounty chips, which is the same finish that I used on my original metal dealer buttons. I am also ordering more of the dealer buttons in Antique Silver. If you already have that one (some of you do), you aren't obligated to buy another, obviously. I'm just waiting for the final proof and then I think we will be good to go on this order.

These are cool my fear would be the metal damaging the cards...doesn't it put marks on the cards when button comes into contact? Might like them but unsure about that and not worth it for me if it is going to mark cards. Any feedback on that. Pretty sure we had a guy with some metal card protector in the past and pretty sure his was denting our cards

These are cool my fear would be the metal damaging the cards...doesn't it put marks on the cards when button comes into contact? Might like them but unsure about that and not worth it for me if it is going to mark cards. Any feedback on that. Pretty sure we had a guy with some metal card protector in the past and pretty sure his was denting our cards
Not sure how it would come into contact with cards. Unless you carelessly toss the DB around the table.

Bounties are pretty much just hanging out with your chip stacks until someone busts out. Again, only a careless toss would have any chance of touching cards.

I have used these metal dealer buttons for a couple of years now with no problems.

Not sure how it would come into contact with cards. Unless you carelessly toss the DB around the table.

Bounties are pretty much just hanging out with your chip stacks until someone busts out. Again, only a careless toss would have any chance of touching cards.

I have used these metal dealer buttons for a couple of years now with no problems.
Thanks

I just paid the invoice for these bounties and dealer buttons. I will reach out to everyone to begin collecting payments now. Thanks for supporting this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom