Not Mine - but need help identifying these old chips / case? (1 Viewer)

QuadNines

Pair
Reaction score
Anyone have any insights here... Stated as being from the 1950's..

Reported zero markings on these. Box appears to be cedar....

As with all these mystery sales, seller claims these "came from an estate sale in las vegas"... (lol) anyone have any clue what they might be, and what they might be worth?

Thanks!

Old Chips in box.jpg
Old Chip #2.jpg
420F2924-B911-4725-BDDE-5CBC76503FCC.jpeg
Old Chips in box.jpg

The chips don't look like anything special, possibly cardboard. The box is neat though.

The chips don't look cardboard to me... too shiny on the edges.

Maybe the chips that are like the paranoids, but without the inlays? I can't remember the name.

Yep, bakelite was my first thought. It's an early form of plastic.
Not worth a whole lot, I'm afraid.

They're probably Bakelite or Catalin. There are some very fetching old school chip sets of both out there but they tend to be more marbled. Oddly enough my wife is an expert in this stuff.

Bakelite poker.png

Is that set (original pictures) with the case worth $25 including shipping? Not sure what I'd do with it, but that's the price he offered me...

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that fro $25, I'd rather get a good pizza than have those laying around the house until I die......

Plain chips like this (probably Bakelite or similar early plastic) are readily available on eBay and are not worth much. I don't find them particularly interesting, although as a completist I might keep a set of them around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom