New Sahara chips coming 09/26 (1 Viewer)

Was there on Friday, pitboss was saying couple months before they expected to change chips. They are doing a lot of renovations but place is still covered with SLS, only outside signage has changed.

Strat was also under construction. FYI I could not buy chips from poker room, had to go to the cage, and they were limited to 20. Had to do some table harvesting, but still short a barrel for a full rack - excellent but not mint.

If the timing is right for work and other stuff this could be the perfect excuse for an impromptu Vegas trip. We won't have many chances to gather these in mint condition once they open. After 3 weeks they will all be beat to shit. If the chips look decent the idea of a Sahara house mold sounds amazing to me.

sahara poker.jpg

Update from Vital Vegas...
“Jaw-dropper: Sahara's still using SLS chips and we hear it's because new chips weren't ordered with sufficient time for production (8-12 weeks) and gaming approval ahead of resort rebrand. Sahara likely to owe SBE (SLS brand owner) about $800k in licensing fees due to the gaff.”

I know many would disagree around here but I really don’t hate the SLS chips. They check all the boxes for a straightforward household cash set IMO.

Sure. They could just use a good murdering and inlay replacement with something with a modicum of design flair, if you can live with the house mold.

SLS at my workplace means an incident involving unsafe practice or event.

Could be a lot worse. Bonus points for color-matching.

Its true. But still FFS we had the Dunes $5 chip 30 years ago. How can these people lack creativity ? I mean they aren't bad looking just a bit bland.

EDIT: The green $25 is one of the worst chips I have ever seen. Seriously wow.

having the Sahara name should have allowed them to make some great looking desert chips

1571850876203.png

Couldn't they at least have been consistent with the font design? If you're going to use lambdas in place of the "A" in "SAHARA", then why not also do it for "LAS VEGAS" and "NEVADA"? Would at least have tied it all together.

Nevertheless, I will need a barrel of $1s for BOLO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom