New Poker Table (3 Viewers)

Got it! Yeah I used Honey which can show you the price of online items (from popular sellers such as Amazon or Walmart) up to 120 days in the past. At one point it was around $141 but not lower in the last 3 months. Hopefully there's a holiday season drop soon!

Has anyone refelted the ESPN table? Would look good with speed cloth

Has anyone used or played on a table with "dual size" cup holders? Planning on putting in deeper cup holders in my table just trying to figure out which ones are the best.

View attachment 218089
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07861HVP6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2WODLD1HH6K3T&psc=1

I don't care for these, they really don't offer much additional stability for the slimmer bottles, and unless you have round rocks glasses that are *just* smaller than the cup holder, rocks glasses tend to not sit very stable due to the deeper indentation. I prefer the jumbos unless all your players drink is beer bottles, then standard size.

I don't care for these, they really don't offer much additional stability for the slimmer bottles, and unless you have round rocks glasses that are *just* smaller than the cup holder, rocks glasses tend to not sit very stable due to the deeper indentation. I prefer the jumbos unless all your players drink is beer bottles, then standard size.
Thanks ! That makes sense. My groups all about the fancy IPA 16oz cans which is why I need to switch out the standard holders that come with these tables so as you said I’ll just opt for the jumbos.

All the tables I have built with cup holders use the smaller bottle/can size. I have always felt jumbos in the rail are an accident waiting to happen. However, do prefer Jumbos in drink carts so they can hold drink cups.

All the tables I have built with cup holders use the smaller bottle/can size. I have always felt jumbos in the rail are an accident waiting to happen. However, do prefer Jumbos in drink carts so they can hold drink cups.
Yeah the other side of why I was leaning to dual size but we rarely drink bottled beer.

ok so i am going to attempt this later this week, but have some questions...

1) do you need to take the legs off in order to do this? are they tough to reattach if you do?
2) did you staple down the new SSC before you cut the SSC or did you cut to size first then staple?
3) did you staple in the middle/hinge of the table? if so where?
4) how did you staple down so the material was taught - clamps? was this tricky?
5) what was the one piece of advice you would give to somebody trying this?

Thanks all so much for your help!
Jon

Another thought here, which would eliminate the need to disassemble the table at all... How about creating a thin insert (e.g. on 1/8" closed cell foam) with speed cloth affixed to it with spray adhesive, which fit exactly inside the rail?

The table could be stored and expanded as-is, then the topper/insert set inside the rail. When the game is over, lift the insert out so you can re-fold the table. (Closed cell foam does ugly stuff when creased, so this would need to be stored flat or very loosely wrapped into a tube with a string around it.)

This would cover and eliminate the seam while providing a better playing surface. It also would make it impossible to pitch cards under the rail, which I’ve seen happen on some of these cheaper tables.

It would make the rail very slightly shallower—1/8" for the foam, about 3mm, plus the thickness of the speed cloth, which can't be much (1-2mm?). So probably would raise the playing surface a total of maybe 5 mm, which is less than 1/4".

The way I would do this would be to make a paper template, then lay that down on the foam, trace and cut it. Then spray the foam (I like 3M 77 spray adhesive), carefully spread the cloth on it, then flip it over and trim with an X-Acto or other very sharp blade on a cutting board like you get from sewing/craft stores. Or a very sharp pair of fabric scissors.

Or, I might try cutting the cloth very slightly larger than the foam, then use something like a putty knife to tuck the topper in where it meets the rail for a cleaner edge.

Just thinking out loud here, but it might save all the trouble of taking tables apart, and again smooth over the ugly/problematic seam in these tables where they fold...

I've mostly followed the advice given in this thread - it works! The hardest part was lining up the cloth at the seam.

Attachments

• IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5755.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5756.JPG
    IMG_5756.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5758.JPG
    IMG_5758.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_5761.JPG
    IMG_5761.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5762.JPG
    IMG_5762.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 240
I've mostly followed the advice given in this thread - it works! The hardest part was lining up the cloth at the seam.
What an amazing job! Congrats on the new “custom” folding table :tup:

A bit of a pain as well but I’d suggest also putting in deeper cups if you’re worried about spills. Good thing is you don’t have to even take off the railing to do it

What an amazing job! Congrats on the new “custom” folding table :tup:

A bit of a pain as well but I’d suggest also putting in deeper cups if you’re worried about spills. Good thing is you don’t have to even take off the railing to do it

I left the originals in, but have thought that deeper ones could be on the list of improvements.

Looks great man!

Thanks! Took the better part of an afternoon, but I was happy with the outcome.

Very nice! Which brand of speed cloth did you get? This looks nicer than the cheaper Stalwart brand that some have used.

This is the one I bought. It has been perfect for what I wanted to do - I would recommend it.
Thanks! This is one of at least 3 brands I've been looking at online. Some of the reviews for this one complained about it being shipped folded up with bad creases in the cloth. Did you experience that, or did everything smooth out nicely once it was attached to the table?

Thanks! This is one of at least 3 brands I've been looking at online. Some of the reviews for this one complained about it being shipped folded up with bad creases in the cloth. Did you experience that, or did everything smooth out nicely once it was attached to the table?
Yeah, it was folded in a plastic bag exactly as the product listing shows. It wasn't an issue for me though as all of the folds smoothed out when it was pulled tight and stapled. I suppose you could steam the folds out if needed?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom