New poker movie in 2017 - Molly's Game (1 Viewer)

Tomorrow or Friday after work would probably work for me. I will be working on the new house/moving Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: Andy is supposed to swing by Friday to quote some work now.

Last edited:
yep. I plan on streaming Blade Runner 2049 tomorrow :)

Just snagged 2049 the other day, looking forward to it!

I'll probably skip Molly's Game in the theatre and watch it at home. I'll go see Star Wars again instead :)

It will probably be tough for me to plan something with the new house and all but next week would likely be better for me. If you guys have a chance to see it prior to, feel free.

If you like poker, go see the movie. If you don't find it to be on par with some of your past favorites, you will find it at least to be entertaining. Some parts of it may sound/look to be sensationalized (pot sizes, buy-ins, locations, etc.), but they are mostly not. Jessica Chastain is great and played Molly's role really well (y) :thumbsup:

If you like poker, go see the movie. If you don't find it to be on par with some of your past favorites, you will find it at least to be entertaining. Some parts of it may sound/look to be sensationalized (pot sizes, buy-ins, locations, etc.), but they are mostly not. Jessica Chastain is great and played Molly's role really well (y) :thumbsup:

I'm liking forward to seeing it. I really enjoyed the book

Saw the trailer tonight. Cracked me up seeing the High Rollers throwing around DICE chips! WTF? Movie itself looks very promising and can't wait to view it. But Not seeing it playing anywhere in Ohio. May have to wait til next time I'm in Michigan.

Saw the movie today. Entertaining and worth the $5, but no reason not to wait for DVD. I felt the ending was rather abrupt, but that was essentially unavoidable based on the real story.

I watched this movie on Boxing Day. Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba are fantastic. Please note: this movie is only nominally about poker. It's really a short biopic based on an adaptation of the book.

Rest assured the dice chips give way to better models as the story unfolds. Things like infrared markings and $17,000 Shufflemasters (for more hands per hour) get introduced.

Rest assured the dice chips give way to better models as the story unfolds. Things like infrared markings and $17,000 Shufflemasters (for more hands per hour) get introduced.

And Claysmith Triangle and Stick chips with custom labels. The metal insert don't show on film.

mollys-game-poker-chips-featurette.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom