New Chipper here looking for opinions on plaques (2 Viewers)

Frednizer

Pair
Reaction score
I am gearing up to starting a monthly tournament to go with my cash game. I have narrowed down my search for a tournament set to a few different ones and one of them has plaques. I love the idea of having a high denomination as a plaque but what's the overall consensus on it? Is it a bother to deal with as the host?

Thanks

I love plaques! Only have them for one of my cash sets though. They are big so a bit of a bitch to transport but well worth the trouble imo

IMG_6952.jpeg

I have a DDLM set and love plaques. There’s plenty of folks here that love plaques and quite a few that can’t stand them.
B6C05886-9DF9-4599-8444-7F4CBD629305.jpeg

C1BFA4C1-6B1F-4861-8864-CA6FEA61FC64.jpeg

Upsides: They can be super sexy, feel really nice to throw into the pot... And they're generally just cool!
Downsides: They take up way more space than chips, so they can be a bit awkward if you don't have a lot of space around the table. You can't shuffle them :D

Upsides: They can be super sexy, feel really nice to throw into the pot... And they're generally just cool!
Downsides: They take up way more space than chips, so they can be a bit awkward if you don't have a lot of space around the table. You can't shuffle them :D
“You can’t shuffle them”

You haven’t tried hard enough! Haha

I'm a fan of plaques but I don't own many.
20230605_101922.jpg

20230605_101711.jpg

The only thing I don't like is both of these feel very different than the set they belong to. In a perfect world I would prefer that the chips AND the plaques were made from the same materials.

Shuffling plaques has got to be one of the most cringey things.

The only thing worse to use as a betting device other than plaques is actual cash (High Stake Poker bricks of cash, ugh so lame)

I have plaques for a couple of tournament sets, but never seem to get to those stakes.

I really love plaques for dealer buttons, don't get lost on the table as easy, or confused with card capper, chips, etc.

Tourney plaques are great because you know they'll always get into play.

Cash set plaques are not used very often since they are usually reserved for the highest denom which rarely sees felt (unless your games play particularly big).

I like the idea, but personally never seen one u actually liked. They are almost always shiny or don't fit the chips too well. If I were to run them, I would want matt tones and them fit my chips like it was the luggage that comes with expensive super cars.

Plaques are really a store of value. Unless you're James Bond, they're not really practical for active betting. Hence mostly used for high denoms and only really come out in an all-in situation.

I’ll eventually get plaques made for my jack Cincy white label and AST tourney sets…eventually lol! I’d love to have them! (Never used them but their so F’n cool from the Bond movies or the big fields at Wynn).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom