New Apache Ceramic Chips Review? (1 Viewer)

tdawgg18

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey y’all I was wondering if anyone had any reviews or first hand experience with the newer Apache ceramics. These chips being the Taj Mahal and Empire Card Room chips. Also any pr0n of these chips would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I can upload some better pics later but here you go. If you like the higher pitched sound of ceramics they are great chips. Feel good, look awesome, stack nice, shuffle well….no complaints here.

IMG_3628.jpeg

I can upload some better pics later but here you go. If you like the higher pitched sound of ceramics they are great chips. Feel good, look awesome, stack nice, shuffle well….no complaints here.

View attachment 1231316
Have you put them in play and used them long enough to determine if they do or do not become warped or slick or develop any spinners?

Ooo yes very nice, exactly what I was looking for. More pictures would be especially useful as well. Thank you!

Have you put them in play and used them long enough to determine if they do or do not become warped or slick or develop any spinners?
Have used them for two home games so far. Not sure how long it would take to show any warping. Right now they are dead straight and stack very well- no spinners

Ceramic chips do not "become warped" -- they can be manufactured that way, but are otherwise a pretty stable product dimensionally-speaking.

They can, however, wear down after use, which can affect both surface friction (slipperiness) and the printed image quality.

i have empires. they have some spinners but it doesnt bother me. apache confirmed that they are "Tina" aka Chinese ceramics for anyone who is anti-china

Ceramic chips do not "become warped" -- they can be manufactured that way, but are otherwise a pretty stable product dimensionally-speaking.

They can, however, wear down after use, which can affect both surface friction (slipperiness) and the printed image quality.
Thanks for the clarification on warping.

So is it the wearing down action that can lead to spinners? I hear others comment that more of their chips are starting to spin after a lot of use. But if it’s straight from manufacturing, maybe the others just haven’t found them until after a lot of use.

I got a sample set of these from Apache and I got a few spinners. They came straight out of the box that way. For .10 more a chip I’m going with the Royals instead.

I have a little cash set of Empire Card Room Ceramics from Apache. Has quite a few spinners but they stack extremely well (stacks of 20, 40, and 60 in photo). I love the colors, the 50¢ was too good to pass on imo and it works with our blind/buy-in structure so why not use em. They have been in use playing bi-monthly 3-5 hour games since June of 23 and I haven’t seen any degradation of the chips in normal use circumstances. My only complaint is how poorly they fit in the chip racks recommended by Apache but it isn’t a deal breaker at all for me.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3073.jpeg

Just received shipment so haven’t used them yet. Really fast turnaround so thanks Apache on exceeding expectations I think I ordered Monday and got them Thursday on other side of country on ground shipping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom