New 500 chip case option - Slowplay brand (1 Viewer)

lateapex

High Hand
Reaction score
Discovered a new brand of chip case — branded Slowplay and fits 500 chips. They are on Amazon and bought 2 of them to give them a whirl.

Description from the Slowplay website:
  • We’re re-defining what a good case should look like. The outer shell is made of German Bayer Polycarbonate material, crafted from one-piece injection molding, making it extremely durable. It also includes a custom aluminum alloy frame, zinc alloy lock, and large leather handle. The hand-made chip case features inner support, and PU leather packaging materials. Super portable with full-body black material.

My comments/comparisons vs Versa case which I also own / switching from:

+ looks premium outside and inside, like a Rimowa carbonate luggage or a premium gun case :) more premium looking than Versa
+ great fit and finish, very sturdy construction eg handle looks strong and inspires confidence etc.

? Keeping an eye on latches especially with time. No locks but it does click into place

- chips stack 50 per row x 10 rows. Need 2-3 Brybelly spacers so they don’t move around. Probably a thin foam cover sheet will help too

Hope this helps fellow chippers shopping for non -tray transport options.Some pics below with my PLNs

Attachments

• 1E20D142-6BC0-489F-8219-200A74F98E50.jpeg
    1E20D142-6BC0-489F-8219-200A74F98E50.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 839
  • C0D234B2-3A00-40E6-8F52-A64F4F68EA70.jpeg
    C0D234B2-3A00-40E6-8F52-A64F4F68EA70.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 878
  • 698B16E8-9607-4D63-9F69-B984909BA78B.jpeg
    698B16E8-9607-4D63-9F69-B984909BA78B.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Do they come in any other sizes?

Seems steep to me given the price compared to the other options out there.

They are made in 300 vs 500 chips but I have only seen the 500 as a case only option for sale.

the construction quality fit and finish are more premium vs similar capacity cases, hence they choose to price significantly higher.

I don’t see very many high quality 500-chip cases. Versa 500 is the only one I’m aware of, and that’s $60 and does not feel bulletproof by any means.

A $20 premium for a step up in quality does not seem at all out of line to me. Is there a market for this? I’ve no idea but if these had been available when I bought my 2 Versa cases, I’d have gotten these instead...

I actually started looking for these cases yesterday (I'd like to get a 300) but it seems they're sold out in the Slowplay store and on Amazon.

If anyone has any suggestions or leads for getting these cases, or has one to sell, please let me know.

Thanks

The big question - can u fit 43mm chips in the case?
I've had good luck with at least 3 rows of 43mm chips, I placed them in the center where the case theoretically has the most flex. I thought maybe I'd need to rely on that flex, but the case closes just fine without any cinching.

If you put the 43mm row on the edge though, there's some additional pressure that's created from the roundedness of the edge, so I avoided that.

Hope that helps! Newbie here so fair warning, there's always a chance I don't know what I'm talking about :LOL: :laugh:

IMG_20210121_005952.jpg

I've had good luck with at least 3 rows of 43mm chips, I placed them in the center where the case theoretically has the most flex. I thought maybe I'd need to rely on that flex, but the case closes just fine without any cinching.

If you put the 43mm row on the edge though, there's some additional pressure that's created from the roundedness of the edge, so I avoided that.

Hope that helps! Newbie here so fair warning, there's always a chance I don't know what I'm talking about :LOL: :laugh:

View attachment 618863

Lovely case and those 500s!!!

How do these feel vs those generic aluminum cases on amazon? I bought a Versa ABS but its pretty flimsy and I'm afraid its going to break.

If only I could find the Versa Deluxe anywhere.

How do these feel vs those generic aluminum cases on amazon? I bought a Versa ABS but its pretty flimsy and I'm afraid its going to break.

If only I could find the Versa Deluxe anywhere.
No comparison, these win hands down from a build quality and "toughness" standpoint.

Thanks for that but I think we’re looking to see if anyone who has had one for a while can report on how it has stood the test of time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom