Nevada Jack Semi Custom Poker Chips (2 Viewers)

EncinitasB

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I think this holiday season is finally the time to get a nice intro set. I think I’ve settled on Nevada Jack skulls from BR Pro Poker.

My question is, should I “fix“ the colors in the denominations (example: Purple $500, Yellow $1000 etc). Or are these different colors part of the charm of the set?

Edit: Found Tina. Card Mold set acquired.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
There's no fixing them... There's only doing what you like. The NJ skulls were the first set that I bought after I joined PCF. Knowing what I know now, I would have definitely gone semi-custom, and adjusted the colors to what I like. Yellow $5 FTW!

The only thing to be careful about is not to cause any type of dirty stacks. There's a reason that the purple and the blue are so far apart in denomination. The NJ skulls actually suffer from having identical edge spots across all the chips. That, is a huge mistake. It makes the chips very hard to distinguish from each other if the colors are close.

The NJ skulls actually suffer from having identical edge spots across all the chips. That, is a huge mistake. It makes the chips very hard to distinguish from each other if the colors are close.
Yeah but isn't that the point of going semi custom? He can change edge spot colors from one denomination to the next to avoid that problem.
My question is, should I “fix“ the colors in the denominations (example: Purple $500, Yellow $1000 etc). Or are these different colors part of the charm of the set?
I went semi custom on their Valentino set and I couldn't be happier

You do what makes you happy. They are your chips.

Yeah but isn't that the point of going semi custom? He can change edge spot colors from one denomination to the next to avoid that problem.
Nope; The NJ skulls all have identical edge spots with identical colors. That's part of the problem with them. I don't believe BR pro will let you change the colors of the edge spots.

Nope; The NJ skulls all have identical edge spots with identical colors. That's part of the problem with them. I don't believe BR pro will let you change the colors of the edge spots.
That would have to be a NJ Skulls thing then. I changed the color and number of edge spots on my Valentinos with no problems.

That would have to be a NJ Skulls thing then. I changed the color and number of edge spots on my Valentinos with no problems.
If I were to order the NJ skulls again, then I would definitely ask if they could change the edge spots as well. They are a bit different than the valentinos, but an edge spot is still an edge spot. They should just be able to click on it and click a different color.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking with those edge spots. The DDLMs each have unique and distinct patterns on the rolling edge. This helps to differentiate the chips when in barrels. But the skulls have the same pattern/color throughout the entire set.

Appreciate all the comments/advice so far! I’m definitely leaning towards just getting them how I like them. Does anyone know if someone here has semi custom NJ Skulls with a purple $500 and yellow $1000/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom