Nevada Club/Lodge owners unite! (1 Viewer)

BA642E4E-8D85-4A81-AFF0-EFF857A9962E.jpeg

Newer, but not really new. Have had them for a little while but just now getting around to taking some proper pics with them.
Absolutely amazing collection Travis!! I know you love the Lakeshores but man oh man, this is definitely the Peach of your collection in my eyes sir! Would love to get some felt time with them someday!

Never seen this thread before and hats off to all of you true die hard collectors! I dream of one day adding a quality contribution of pron! Absolutely amazing!!

I need to take some updated photos. A few of my babies have escaped the nest, but I've made important and significant additions since last time I took family portraits. This thread bump and added pr0n is inspirational. Oh, this thread just makes me so happy. BEAUTIFUL sets, friends!!

Every time this thread get bumped, I get a little "itch" down there.

We all know that itch. Beautiful chips, somehow special. Though I have twenty other sets, I can be convinced that one more set would be a good idea. I don't have a playable TRK set. They are not that common. And I have some extra cash to spend if I want to.

I do have some degree of self-control. Look! I don't have two dozen sets, just twenty. I have resisted before. I can do this, Really.

But the pron makes it hard -=- DrStrange

Absolutely amazing collection Travis!! I know you love the Lakeshores but man oh man, this is definitely the Peach of your collection in my eyes sir! Would love to get some felt time with them someday!

Ya, I go back and forth between these and the Lakeshores. It's hard to beat old school TRKs. Might be time to bump these back into my #1 slot. FWIW, I'm much more hesitant to put these in play than I am the Lakeshores, so I must like them more.

We all know that itch. Beautiful chips, somehow special. Though I have twenty other sets, I can be convinced that one more set would be a good idea. I don't have a playable TRK set. They are not that common. And I have some extra cash to spend if I want to.

I do have some degree of self-control. Look! I don't have two dozen sets, just twenty. I have resisted before. I can do this, Really.

21 is such a good number for so many reasons! It's time @DrStrange!

Well, if a competed set hit the marketplace at a good price, I might be hooked.

But that isn't likely to happen. And if it did, one of you buzzards would have already picked the carcass clean.

Not that I don't look mind you, but I know false hope when I have it. I am not that guy who pays premium prices - I wait patiently and hope for an easy & cheap acquisition.

I have more than one rack gathering dust in the hopes of getting some other members of the tribe to join them, someday.

Well at least you have been collecting for years!! @FordPickup92 and I joined a year ago and currently have 18 playable sets and most are more than one tables worth (1400 + chips each!) One is CPS China clay cash, one are the ceramic scrub donkeys. 2 are slugged 14g slugged chips but the rest are quality chips! My pride and joy is this one. Some Nevada Lodge in there so hopefully that's ok?
20200421_131100.jpg

So cool John! I love those vintage slots. I’ve got one that was converted to a more modern version for the time.
To my understanding, when the Winter Olympics came to Squaw Valley in 1960, many of the old slots were converted to a Baldecchi design.
It was considered modern looking for the time.
Basically the Mills/Jennings guts were taken out of machines that look like the ones in your pictures and placed in Baldecchi casings.
This is the one I have in my card room. @pokerpig found this for sale at a garage sale in suburban LA.
According to what @pokerpig found out from the seller, it was acquired in a trade at a car swap meet and at one time was in the Nevada Lodge at Lake Tahoe.
I love this piece of history and it sits proudly displayed in my card room. @pokerpig took a day off and drove over an hour one way to negotiate a price and acquire this machine for me. What can you say about a chipper that you’ve never met that would do such a great thing for another chipper he’d never met?
@pokerpig is like a brother to me and this slot means so much to me. It’s good deeds like this that make my card room, chipping and this community so awesome to me.
Thank you Al. My Nevada Lodge/Club themed card room is most complete thanks to you. :tup:
Your the best brother!
E937552A-133C-4B2D-81B3-58D4246FD73C.jpeg
A229B17E-094B-44D7-B5C4-D42AC881AF84.jpeg
30A66180-ADAA-42F3-93CD-D83DF1BC68FD.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom