Wanted Need $$ for Jacks, looking for starter set of Tourney/Cash chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Poker

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hello all, I am a new member looking for an affordable tournament set for a new home game. First game someone brought a cheap set of claysmiths(was just ok) and with a few days notice I had 2 full tables. We start with 5k in chips, so looking for mostly, 25s(50s if available would be okay) 100s 500s with a few higher demons. I was about to order samples of some Milanos, Majestics, CPS and some claysmiths. Would prefer a large CPS set or even better EPTs but for right price would entertain any good set. Someday I will put together a nice custom set of clays or nice plastics, but to get that past the wife Ill have to slowly piece it together! Only posting because I know a few peeps are thinking of the Jacks sale and could use a few hundred extra dollars. PM me if you are thinking of cleaning out closet and the starter set, if no one has anything laying around Ill order a ton of samples Monday and cancel this post!

Cash game set would be for up to ten players, .25 .50 1s and 5s... thinking up to 100 each of smaller demons, 200 1s and few 5s. #notballers!

Last edited:
Well, I have this large set of ASM-era monogrammed H-mold solids, which I used to use for my two-table tourney, before switching to Paulson Starbursts. There are about 1,100 chips, I would estimate.

I also used these once for a three-table special event; depending on what values you assign, you might even have enough for an even bigger game.

The chips are in excellent shape, cleaned and oiled not long before I retired them. Handle beautifully. I find the random monograms kind of entertaining—players liked to try to come up with names to go with the letters.

PM me if interested, and I can get you exact counts, proposed price, etc. I’ve put them up for sale a couple times, but not pulled the trigger—I was going to take these up to my family’s summer cottage in Maine in hopes of getting a game going there someday...

I looked at those. Little to big for my cash game and not big enough for my tourneys. Thanks for the tag. Appreciate it

I have a lot of $5 horseshoe chips at 80 cents each if you want good quality chips at an affordable price.

A suggestion would be tiki king chip set but it’s ceramic not clay, that’s why they are cheap. About 30 cents a chip vs $1

Attachments

• EC9BF87F-6D20-46BE-8D93-B57C9F3CCDF8.jpeg
    EC9BF87F-6D20-46BE-8D93-B57C9F3CCDF8.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 133
You guys are all cruel! I'm working on the wife guys. But she isn't on the new hobby band wagon. She is letting play in the mega stack wsop this year which really hamstrings all my leverage. I have about 500 I've stashed cash and looking for about 1200 starter chips that I will donate to someone else's game after i slowly put together a nicer custom set!

Last edited:
I think they are beautiful, but for something out of my budget it would have to be perfect breakdown which this isnt... I hope soon to not have the budget and piece together some Paulsons or jump on some of the Deals Ive seen. But for now I need to consider the consequences of the wife!! Its not that she'll say no, or get mad, its the 3 Coach Purses and boots that will arrive at the doorstep! Id pay triple for that buttery set I want! Where as I say in my bankroll without killing it she wont say or do anything, and I just killed most my roll on a Daytona trip with my Brother so...!!

I’ve got a Chipco tourney set that would fit the bill listed in my garage sale classified.
Also a cheap set of Nexgen chips I’d throw in with the purchase !!!

So I posted a wanted ad for starter set of Chips, there wasnt a perfect set for what I was looking for offered. But were 2 or 3 nice below retail options. I tell her I should buy a few and then work on building one, and then If I find my dream set I can move these no issue!! She cocks her head, lower jaw lifts, and she says, "you and I both know you'll never sell any of them once you buy them!" My 14 year old starts giggling, I was like what are you laughing at, she goes "mom was looking at purses today and said screw this he's going to buy poker chips Ill just wait to see what he gets and go to the Coach Store" God dammit all to hell!! I may as well just up my budget now or just buy them all!

So I posted a wanted ad for starter set of Chips, there wasnt a perfect set for what I was looking for offered. But were 2 or 3 nice below retail options. I tell her I should buy a few and then work on building one, and then If I find my dream set I can move these no issue!! She cocks her head, lower jaw lifts, and she says, "you and I both know you'll never sell any of them once you buy them!" My 14 year old starts giggling, I was like what are you laughing at, she goes "mom was looking at purses today and said screw this he's going to buy poker chips Ill just wait to see what he gets and go to the Coach Store" God dammit all to hell!! I may as well just up my budget now or just buy them all!
lol. too real. Just wait for those cc bills!!! good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom