My Sticker Mule labeling experience (5 Viewers)

Just wanted to share my experience with Sticker Mule. I recently bought a set of 12 stripes and wanted to get labels custom printed for them. I went thru all the usual sites for custom poker chip labels etc, including gear ( he was just too overbooked btw). When I stumbled upon a custom sticker maker called Sticker Mule. They are not in the poker chip labeling business, but custom stickers for just about anything. Amazing reviews so I decided to email them. Within hours I received an email back. The customer service from these folks was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end actually. They had me sold from the first email. Just from the prompt service and kindness. She informed me yes they are vinyl labels that are then laminated. They cut the sticker to whatever you send them. It could be a sticker of Superman and they would cut around the pic. In other words I was convinced they would be centered labels in a circle verses printed on a circle which always leave room for error. I went ahead and ordered enough labels for the set I was trying to complete. The issue was they only let you order in quantities of 10. I only needed 25 sheets. But had to order 30.

When they arrived less than a week later, I was amazed of the quality. Freaking awesome. I can't say enough about them. Beautiful.
A few weeks went by and I wanted another batch for another set. This time on their website I noticed a different size that I didn't notice last time. Last time I ordered 8.5" x 11" and was limited a little. Anyways to make a too long story shorter... If you order their custom sticker sheet and click the custom size button, you can pick any size paper to print on. I emailed them and asked how large the paper would be for 100 1" circles... 12" x 12" is what they said. Ok so for 10 sheets of that would cost $97. With free shipping and will receive in less than 10 days... Vinyl, laminated... 1000 labels... For 500 chips... $97? That's less than 10¢ a label... I saved like $40 doing thier custom size sheets... The key is to get all the different labels on one sheet and only order 10 sheets.
Anyways... Just want to share my experience, and I can't say how happy I am with the entire experience with them. I love my labels. And I will really love my second set at an even cheaper price!!!
Top quality company. Check them out!
I assume they need vector graphics and not .jpg?

some things to consider if labeling Majestic China Clays. Majestic's China Clays have a ridge that is totally hidden by their heavy duty textured labels. Their center is .950. Sticker Mule stickers are Vinyl and laminated but still very thin and 1”. I decided to give them a shot anyway thinking I can make it fit. The results were not good. The ridge is visible and the stickers ride up the sides of the center hole. Sticker Mule had my stickers printed and delivered in a week so no complaints there. Their stickers just do not work for these chips. I do have one gripe and it might be my faulty….I received hundreds of precut discs not on a contact sheet. Peeling the stickers from the discs has been a nightmare. Maybe in the way I ordered somehow.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 87
some things to consider if labeling Majestic China Clays. Majestic's China Clays have a ridge that is totally hidden by their heavy duty textured labels. Their center is .950. Sticker Mule stickers are Vinyl and laminated but still very thin and 1”. I decided to give them a shot anyway thinking I can make it fit. The results were not good. Sticker Mule had my stickers printed and delivered in a week so no complaints there. Their stickers just do not work for these chips. I do have one gripe and it might be my faulty….I received hundreds of precut discs not on a contact sheet. Peeling the stickers from the discs has been a nightmare. Maybe in the way I ordered somehow.
Sticker Mule can and has done labels under 1” fwiw

Still going to have to look elsewhere. The Majestic labels were so thick if I pinched them in my fingers, when I relaxed they would pop back to shape. Going to check with Gear to see if they have something similar.

Newbie here, couple of comments, not intending to threadjack

1. Impressive work here from many people - congrats

2. Other posts I have seen "down the rabbit hole", "one of us, one of us..." lead some of us fish to believe that PCF players are all using mid range or better chips, but I have seen a couple of posts here about people relabeling lower end chips (I believe I saw comments on relabeling Milanos, DaVinci's, Claysmiths etc) as well as, of course other more expensive chips.

3. I wasn't clear on whether people are using home quality inkjet printers for home based label creation or only laserjet printers. I have a laserjet but it's B&W - I do have several inkjets that are not in use right now.

4. It also occurs to me that one might print labels with some sufficient spacing or solid border around the edge and then you don't need to be 100% precise in doing the cutout around the edges with one of those label cutters.

5. Last comment/question - I used to do some amateur weathering on HO and OO gauge model railroad rolling stock. We used a product called 'Testors dull coat spray' to fix the weather dust, paint and stains on the models after we were done. I am curious if anyone has found it necessary to overspray a sheet of labels with a similar product to fix the ink before peeling off the labels and applying to their chips. Just curious.

Majestic's China Clays have a ridge that is totally hidden by their heavy duty textured labels.
A lot of my Milanos were the same. I took the time to shave all of these deformities flat with a medical scalpel. Took some time (not as much as you'd assume, 5-10 seconds per chip) but it was worth it. I'd estimate 30% of my chips had to be shaved.

Newbie here, couple of comments, not intending to threadjack

1. Impressive work here from many people - congrats

2. Other posts I have seen "down the rabbit hole", "one of us, one of us..." lead some of us fish to believe that PCF players are all using mid range or better chips, but I have seen a couple of posts here about people relabeling lower end chips (I believe I saw comments on relabeling Milanos, DaVinci's, Claysmiths etc) as well as, of course other more expensive chips.

3. I wasn't clear on whether people are using home quality inkjet printers for home based label creation or only laserjet printers. I have a laserjet but it's B&W - I do have several inkjets that are not in use right now.

4. It also occurs to me that one might print labels with some sufficient spacing or solid border around the edge and then you don't need to be 100% precise in doing the cutout around the edges with one of those label cutters.

5. Last comment/question - I used to do some amateur weathering on HO and OO gauge model railroad rolling stock. We used a product called 'Testors dull coat spray' to fix the weather dust, paint and stains on the models after we were done. I am curious if anyone has found it necessary to overspray a sheet of labels with a similar product to fix the ink before peeling off the labels and applying to their chips. Just curious.

4. That concept is called "bleed.". For example, if you are making a 25mm label you might make the printed label 27mm and keep your design features within a 22 or 23mm radius. That gives you a margin of error of 1mm in any direction for imprecise cutting. Vendors will often specify their bleed requirements to match their machine/process tolerances.

3. I have been experimenting with creating labels at home. I only have access to a black and white LaserJet. So far I have found best results by printing on to basic matte label paper (glossy did not work it smeared), then placing a textured adhesive laminate over that. I used a cricut machine to cut out labels. This is a good thickness but you can double up the bottom label layer if you need thicker. Look and feel to me works great! I held a chip under running water for 30 seconds and let it air dry. No smearing or adhesion issues.

The top labels in the photo below were done this way:
1702576139184.png

When I am able, I want to try color and inkjet.

[EDIT] Forget this, you had a full detailed response here.​

Sorry for the noise​

Hello Samuel,

I'm trying to do exactly what you've done, but can't find any maker for some sticker by unit. Always ask minimum of 10 stickers.

I'm trying to get 22mm sticker
- 20 seating chips for 2 tables => 20 UNIQUE design on 1 side and 20 same design on the other side.
- Plus 80x2 designs for some bounty chips.

The difficult part is to get the 20 UNIQUE design on 1 side without having to sell my house.

Thanks for any information about the maker and what you ordered for this ...

Thanks a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom