My NexgenPro project (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We all have to start somewhere. I guess this is my start.

Before I knew anything about chips, other than dice chips were crap and came in really stupid breakdowns, I bought a bunch of these NexgenPros. My group usually played 5c/10c cash games, which was really no fun other than the social aspect, everyone called everything. So my thought was that I'd buy these chips in $1, $5 and $25 denominations and we'd use a multiplier so we would really be playing a 10c/20c game. That didn't work out well and it really bothered me. Some people would say their bet as what the chips said, most would say their bet as the cash in or cash out value. I never knew/understood the point of the NVC but quickly learned and bought a bunch of those. I used them as a 10c chip. It seemed to work ok but we had a bunch of them on the table so people could make that 90c bet or whatever the case might be. That bothered me too, especially now that I was learning about chips and seeing what was really out there. You guys did warn me when I joined. So my latest project was to buy moar chips. I bought a bunch of $1000 chips.
20180417_215818.jpg

With the full intent of purchasing what was in this package that I received yesterday from @Gear.
20180507_160531.jpg

Of course you all know what's inside.
20180507_161732.jpg

20180507_203718.jpg

I had to do one chip to see how it looked.
20180507_205111.jpg

20180507_205219.jpg

I'm working on removing all the old labels now. I'll post a few more pictures of the progress and then a few of my finished project.

Nice. I always liked the look of the Nexgen Pro but never did like the inlay. I really like the color choices you made. That blue def needs to be a quarter.

@Gear does great work, and these are going to look slick!

Also, I played a cash game using T25s as quarters, T100s as $1, etc., and I never did it again. I think the multiplication frustration situation (Dr. Suess mathematics) is what catapulted me into buying a cash set.

Good luck with your project, and may you crush with these chips!

Getting there slowly but surely. This would've been a great winter project. So many things have to get done outside now that the weather is finally nice. Plus who wants to be inside when the weather is so awesome.

20180510_215426.jpg

Getting there slowly but surely. This would've been a great winter project. So many things have to get done outside now that the weather is finally nice. Plus who wants to be inside when the weather is so awesome.

View attachment 173195

You can apply labels outside on the deck enjoying an adult beverage. ;)

I have a soft spot for the Nexgen Pros. This is really cool, great labels, and I hope your games go smoother now that you have dedicated denominations.

If you’re interested in a decent sized tourney set of the higher denoms ($100 though $100k), let me know.

Hard work and dedication have given you a beautiful result - congrats! I would not have the patience to label that lot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom