My Man Cave Remodel (3 Viewers)

I rolled on the rest of the sample that we liked the most. We're going with a color called Silver Drop. It's in between a silver/gray and a beige.

silver_drop.jpg

Here are some pics of it I found on Google images...

bm+athena+6.jpg

bm+athena+5.jpg

it looks very big inside !
I love it !
edit :
it seems I've missed (again) something, lol

it looks very big inside !
I love it !
edit :
it seems I've missed (again) something, lol

LOL... yeah, those pics are just to show the color paint I went with.

Sanded the drywall in the bathroom and did one coat of primer/sealer on Monday. Put a second coat of primer/sealer just in the bathroom today. That room will get it's topcoat next week.

The ceilings in the poker/TV room, hallway and office are done.
Went with Benjamin Moore Waterborne ceiling paint. Great stuff. A bit pricey though.

20140401_173703.jpg
Day light only pic.

The soffit side and column will be the Silver Drop wall paint. Thought about painting soffit bottom the same color as the walls but decided to use the ceiling paint instead. Just more work cutting in now. :(

Testing fitting a baffle trim this morning. Bought one to make sure they will fit nice before I buy 20 of them.

20140403_102726.jpg20140403_102749.jpg

Since my connection for the granite counter top fell through, I decided to get a Formica brand laminate counter top with a bullnoze edge made for $185. I picked this Brazillan Brown Granite laminate. Then I will do a light grey tile back-splash.

20140404_131800.jpg
Counter top sample chip next to wall paint color.

Installed a couple of the Lutron screw-less plates. I really like the clean look of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1397224415667.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397224436877.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.

We'll be installing the doors and window sills this weekend. Then the trim and baseboards. The end is near!

Lookin' good! Wish I could be there for the grand opening and inaugural game!

image.jpg

Tommy, any chance you're going to put up signs? I wish I'd done this earlier, but I suppose I didn't really have, or know which signs I'd hang...

One of my buddies came over this weekend to help with some electrical... He spent like 2 hours running electrical outlets for my game room neons... No more ugly cords hanging down to the floor level outlets. Huge shout out to Frank!!! No one complained about the old elec cords dangling... But wow, what a difference now I don't have them fugly black cords dangling down.

NeonOutlets.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great man! I'm in the same boat as you were. Right now I don't have any signs, but may get a Heineken sign down the road. I will have to do what you did after the fact and fish a line down to the receptacle below and cut in an old work box.

Some pics from today. I was working on installing the outlets and testing the speaker mounts while my dad was making and test fitting the window sills.

Just got done putting a coat of primer on them.

uploadfromtaptalk1397518438809.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397518475902.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397518509633.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397518554932.jpg

I'm hoping to have a get together by then end of year.

I found out yesterday that my ceiling registers and return air grills that I bought from Amazon were on that FedEx truck that crashed into the bus in California last week. RIP to all who died in that freak accident.

Window sills and some door casings primed and painted.

uploadfromtaptalk1397606049716.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397606116155.jpg

Thanks. So tonight I was working on installing the last few receptacles and the power bridge for the TV.

I must of had a brain fart when I installed a low voltage bracket for the power bridge outlet. I realized it after I connected the receptacle and was pushing the wires back in the wall. Lol.

Tomorrow I'll go pick up an old work box and replace it.

uploadfromtaptalk1397711884906.jpg

X marks the spot for the poker table. Lol. I have one recessed light directly above it on a dimmer just for the table.

uploadfromtaptalk1397712109201.jpg

Keeping an eye on the humidity levels. Was high yesterday because we had the basement windows open.

Slowly coming back down to a safe level. I like it around 45% to 50%

I might pick up a dehumidifier for extra protection.

uploadfromtaptalk1397712237073.jpg

Thanks. So tonight I was working on installing the last few receptacles and the power bridge for the TV.

I must of had a brain fart when I installed a low voltage bracket for the power bridge outlet. I realized it after I connected the receptacle and was pushing the wires back in the wall. Lol.

Tomorrow I'll go pick up an old work box and replace it.

View attachment 1690

Fixed!

uploadfromtaptalk1397787653100.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397788436772.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397788492530.jpg
The other end of the power bridge.

The large square hole next to it gets this connection center.
uploadfromtaptalk1397788634053.jpg

Master dimmers.

uploadfromtaptalk1397791867657.jpg

Late night wiring. ..

uploadfromtaptalk1397794963223.jpg

20140422_210358.jpg
Scrap piece of coax will be used to help bring the HDMI and Cat 6 cable down from the TV.

20140422_210439.jpg
Water meter closet, office door, and bathroom door (can't see it in this pic) are all installed and trimmed. Don't mind the black marks on the bi-fold door jam. Was from using the 6ft level when installing the door jam. All the door jams, doors, and moldings still need to be painted. I have a tons of nails hole to fill in and some small gaps to caulk.

20140422_210621.jpg
Door under the steps installed and trimmed. Still have to cut in a door vent. The baseboard in the pic has not been installed yet.

20140422_210632.jpg
This baseboard has been installed. We are keeping it 1/4" off the floor.

uploadfromtaptalk1398817570621.jpg
Wiring up the patch panel.

uploadfromtaptalk1398817614341.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398817642374.jpg
Still have to tidy up the cables.

uploadfromtaptalk1398817683178.jpg
Hole cut for vent. Baseboard is not installed yet there. Waiting to put in the wet bar flooring first.

<sigh> I would love to have my house wired with ethernet. Very jealous. As it is, there are a few places where I'm running it along the baseboards. Yeah, wireless is fine for some things, but for others, nothing beats cat5e or cat6.

I purchase a few networking tools (crimpers, stripers, punchdown, and some ice cubes) from Amazon and it was a breeze. I can make my own patch cables now too. I already had Digicon brand tools and fittings for putting the ends on coax cable.

uploadfromtaptalk1399419423243.jpg
Finally got to try out the new wet bar fridge. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom