My Man Cave Remodel (2 Viewers)

I have some vents at my Colorado home of similar size. I would strongly suggest you add an additional screen with a much smaller grid depending on the location of these vents. Vermin will get in there if they can, make a nest, plug it up. I'm not sure what kinds of animals you must deal with, we get a nice selection in the mountains.

Looks like you are ready to open soon. I bet you are excited.

I have some vents at my Colorado home of similar size. I would strongly suggest you add an additional screen with a much smaller grid depending on the location of these vents. Vermin will get in there if they can, make a nest, plug it up. I'm not sure what kinds of animals you must deal with, we get a nice selection in the mountains.

Looks like you are ready to open soon. I bet you are excited.

These are about 4 feet above the ground. I should be OK. They make a mesh screen one but I think that will restrict the airflow. It could freeze over too.

screen1.jpg

I just have to put a finish coat on walls and finish painting the floor.

I took off tomorrow to make a 3 day weekend so I can get this painting done. I took the shelving apart and emptied most of the room. I was getting tired of shuffling stuff around. I already painted part of the floor under the work bench and the wall behind it. That blue wall is getting a coat of Killz and and different color blue.

The piece or carpet is getting trashed and replaced with a new piece. Something cheap off the roll at Home Depot or Lowes.
I'm disconnecting the washer and dryer tonight to do that wall and section of the floor first. Got to wait 24 hrs for the epoxy floor paint to cure but it can be walked on.

20150905_111157.jpg
20150905_111204.jpg
20150905_111218.jpg
20150905_111230.jpg

This part of the basement use to look like this. I took these just a couple of days after we moved in back in 2010.

P1000995.JPG
P1000998.JPG
P1000999.JPG

Thanks. Just finished the last section of the floor tonight.

20150908_183307.jpg
20150909_235856.jpg

20150908_015802.jpg

Re-painted the blue wall with a better shade. It's call Treasure Map. :) Going to put the door trim on tomorrow.

Mancave (done)
Utility/Laundry room done. (thank god!)

20150916_011548.jpg
20150916_011600.jpg
20150916_011618.jpg

I gave the wife the flat file cabinet that I stored chips in.

20150916_011638.jpg

Shelf fit perfectly with the pump and discharge pipe running up the wall.

20150916_011700.jpg

Well almost done...still have to put a curtain up. :) USPS boxes and envelopes have a lot of uses. :D

I thought about tossing that old filing cabinet but that thing is built like a tank. The ones they sell today are junk. It was here when I bought the house. Probably from the 80's. All heavy gauge steel. The drawers and slides are more solid than my Craftsman tool box. I use it for extra tool storage, and other stuff but no papers. :)

I have moved many a filing cabinet in my day, and I was always surprised when I would come a cross an older one that weighed a ton. Look the same, but when you go to grab one and think its going to be like the last super light one you just moved and your back screams as you try and lift it like its nothing...good times.

I have moved many a filing cabinet in my day, and I was always surprised when I would come a cross an older one that weighed a ton. Look the same, but when you go to grab one and think its going to be like the last super light one you just moved and your back screams as you try and lift it like its nothing...good times.

Even with 4 furniture gliders, it still takes a lot of effort to move it. They just don't make things like they used to.

True, but on the other hand, it's been decades since we've seen a newspaper article with a "local man crushed by filing cabinet" headline.

True, but on the other hand, it's been decades since we've seen a newspaper article with a "local man crushed by filing cabinet" headline.
Getting close to being a decade since I've seen a newspaper. I think it's been a decade since I read an article from a physical one. :)

Sooo when you need another tote and go to the store and realize they don't make the same style and color anymore are you like:

"Fuck that, can't have one odd one gonna have to get 16 and repack our shit!"........

cause my storage area looks like a kaleidoscope ate christmas, halloween, easter, and the 4th of July and and took a big shit.

Looks good BTW

Sooo when you need another tote and go to the store and realize they don't make the same style and color anymore are you like:

"Fuck that, can't have one odd one gonna have to get 16 and repack our shit!"........

cause my storage area looks like a kaleidoscope ate christmas, halloween, easter, and the 4th of July and and took a big shit.

Looks good BTW

Already did that once. I have extras stored in the garage. :D

It's good for holding extra chips and rare Terrible items too. :)

20150917_005107.jpg
20150917_005135.jpg

Looks great, that's a lot of work, I know people who have been "remodeling" much smaller rooms for much much longer. :D Love the sink, having a sink in the garage/man cave/ laundry room is a game changer!

The ones they sell today are junk.

Truth. And they want way to much money for them as well. Couple hundred bucks for a filing cabinet that feels like you could colapse it if you pushed it sideways with out the drawers in it. :rolleyes: I refused to buy one until we found a nice used one that was heavy duty. After moving it a few times I'm starting to like the idea of a crap one now. :p

Getting close to being a decade since I've seen a newspaper. I think it's been a decade since I read an article from a physical one. :)

I still subscribe to my local paper and the Seattle Times. I don't read it like I used to, but I won't give up having a physical paper to flip through and do the crossword. I'm 36 and I believe myself and one other friend is the only people in our group of friends that gets a paper delivered. I'm going to miss them when they are gone.

Looks great, that's a lot of work, I know people who have been "remodeling" much smaller rooms for much much longer. :D Love the sink, having a sink in the garage/man cave/ laundry room is a game changer!

Thanks. Just glad it's done. Couple of odds and ends to do but nothing major. The washer, and condensate lines from the tankless and ac/furnace all drain into it that sink. I been using the wetbar sink more now.

Anyone looking for a decent inline water filter, I picked up two Culligan setups for the basement and kitchen refrigerators. The water tastes way better than the whirlpool setup I was using and the ice is almost crystal clear now.

20150908_015735.jpg

Since the new units were push-ins I pick up these GE ice maker lines and cut them. The ferrule is molded into the line. While I like to use copper, these were very easy to work with.

line.jpg

Looks really good...I hope to start mine soon...ought to be done in 10 or 15 years...

Thanks. :)

Excellent! We are actually buying a filter system in the next month...I'll check these out. I'm going to run the ice maker and drinking water at the kitchen sink.

Excellent! We are actually buying a filter system in the next month...I'll check these out. I'm going to run the ice maker and drinking water at the kitchen sink.

Amazon seemed to have the best prices on these. You probably want this model then if you are going to filter water at the sink too. Just get a tee fitting.

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-US-EZ-1-EZ-Change-Undersink-Filtration/dp/B000THIZUG

They have EZ-2 and 3 systems too. Only the filter is different. They are all interchangeable.

Reactions: 72o
20150921_181347.jpg

I have 8 tubes of Liquid Nail Heavy Duty left over. It's a few months past the MFG's recommended shelf life but it's still good. Just used some the other day. Guns easy just like a new tube.

LIQUID NAILS Adhesive products are good for two years after the manufacture date.

Free, just cover $5 for shipping.

Found a black Heineken bar mat for the wetbar. :cool:

20151117_142139.jpg 20151117_142506.jpg 20151117_142431.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom