My Hot Stamping Journey (2 Viewers)

After a temp adjustment. Getting closer.

5BEC709E-2380-4DAB-BE18-1226AC8B29C4[1].jpeg

17FB2DD3-8707-455F-BE8F-BD7BAD015BB1[1].jpeg

A3F200AB-67FE-496F-994F-93D2D32656F7[1].jpeg

FYI
Anything CPC will stamp will be more accurate and cheaper than I can do it.

Very little waist with the diasq, Scrown is doable but 15% of the stamps dont turn out.
Question have you noticed a difference in the CPC chip formulation stampablity vs the original TRK chips. I would think the CPC chips would be a little softer than the original chips and accept the stamps a little better? But also I heard something about the chips not being completely flat in the middle? That could cause huge issues.

But am really enjoying the progress you have made AK. Almost makes me want to get back into the hobby! Stamp on Brother.

Question have you noticed a difference in the CPC chip formulation stampablity vs the original TRK chips. I would think the CPC chips would be a little softer than the original chips and accept the stamps a little better? But also I heard something about the chips not being completely flat in the middle? That could cause huge issues.

But am really enjoying the progress you have made AK. Almost makes me want to get back into the hobby! Stamp on Brother.
I haven't had the chance to stamp a TRK chip yet, the CPC clay takes a stamp really well but both the crown molds are concaved so getting a stamp in the center requires going extra deep on the outer edges, not ideal. The lcrown seems easier to stamp then the scrown.

Still a lot to learn, thanks for the encouragement!

I haven't had the chance to stamp a TRK chip yet, the CPC clay takes a stamp really well but both the crown molds are concaved so getting a stamp in the center requires going extra deep on the outer edges, not ideal. The lcrown seems easier to stamp then the scrown.

Still a lot to learn, thanks for the encouragement!
Oh ok. Yeah TRK chips were like stamping rocks. Very very hard, needed very high heat and pressure. End result was almost 100% spinners, unless you scrapped them. Not worth the expense or effort with so many better mold options available. Sounds like a mold issue and that may be to expensive to correct?

Oh ok. Yeah TRK chips were like stamping rocks. Very very hard, needed very high heat and pressure. End result was almost 100% spinners, unless you scrapped them. Not worth the expense or effort with so many better mold options available. Sounds like a mold issue and that may be to expensive to correct?

I would say it would be close to 20% more in cost to stamp the scrown vs circsqr chips.

If you were looking for a rack of fracs to go with an existing TRK set it would be worth it. Or if you just wanted a set of custom scrown chips bad enough its doable.

If anyone is serious about ordering CPC chips to get stamped I can mail these test chips so you can make a better decision. They do look much better in person than the closeup pics.

Again if its a mold that CPC stamps, you are better off going with them. I'm happy to help on the other molds if I can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom