My Empress set with re-labels: 8 years in the making! (1 Viewer)

ejot

Two Pair
Reaction score
The journey to my Empress set started nearly eight years ago with an order for a couple racks of $5s and a rack of $25s from the Chiproom. Life's priorities changed, and they sat in storage until early last year when the chip bug again caught hold. After many hours of hand scrubbing, they were clean and beautiful. Another rack of $25s also found its way to me.

After a fruitless search for some $1's, I settled on the Lucky Derby hundo as a relabel candidate. Fell in love with their buttery goodness and began tooling up for some milling, and getting in touch with Gear for labels. Started with two racks and quickly added a third. Two more racks of $5s found their way to me around this time as well.

Next up was a couple racks of dark blue solids for fracs. More milling and more labels soon followed. Before long I realized the need for a 5c chip for my microstakes games, which got me re-thinking my spot progression. A rack of Limelight Club $1s for dimes and three racks of Lucky Derby $3s seemed to fit the bill nicely. Back in touch with Gear for more labels, and many more hours in front of the milling machine.

Just when I wasn't looking for them at all, two more racks of Lucky Derby hundos happened on the radar. How could I resist some more $1s? Likewise, how could I leave a nice deal on some pink Empress roulettes on the table? Maybe some day I'll figure out what to use them for!

The solid quarters are used for 25c-25c and up games; the spotted nickels and quarters are used for 5c-10c up to 10c-25c

Wrapped up the final labels last night. Recently I picked up a few decks of Empress cards, and just tonight a dealer button. I'm sure some larger denoms will follow at some point. I will have to update the pron but I was eager to do a quick shoot of the chips as they stand.

Thanks to all in this great community who have made this possible. Love my (mostly relabeled) Empresses!
@TheChipRoom
@Psypher1000
@Gear
@uclaure
@Godzilla28
@AWenger
@bentax1978
@duffman
@chipjoker
@doughboy63

pBiL6x7.jpg

HziUc7r.jpg

3JIfFfY.jpg

NY7hb2X.jpg

Pc43FQ6.jpg

Mrha1s2.jpg

aPjohJb.jpg

qOqNL0j.jpg

eJ1PPmK.jpg

qOINg5N.jpg

T2NMNzh.jpg

ekWibqo.jpg

mlraLp1.jpg

Did you make any extras, because if you did, I want one sample chip of this super sexy chip, whatever it takes!

empress 25c.png

I'm actually on the casual lookout for 5-10 LD$3's for some spares. I have exactly 301 of them and my one spare has a huge bite out of it ... like an entire spot-sized chunk missing. :eek:

If you find a single, or if I find a few, I'd be more than happy to mill one out and label it for you. Glad you like it! I was divided between going for the faux apple or just doing round. Really happy how the apple and color match turned out.

I'm actually on the casual lookout for 5-10 LD$3's for some spares. I have exactly 301 of them and my one spare has a huge bite out of it ... like an entire spot-sized chunk missing. :eek:

If you find a single, or if I find a few, I'd be more than happy to mill one out and label it for you. Glad you like it! I was divided between going for the faux apple or just doing round. Really happy how the apple and color match turned out.
I'm on the hunt.

very nice, what was the original nickel ?
They were $1s from the Limelight Club (California). They were a random eBay purchase I made, fairly old, worn, and some chips were warped. One original idea I had for them was to use them as $5s to use with some hotstamp Sahara 25c, 50c, and blue $1 solids. But after cleaning and flattening them, I just had way too many chip projects, so I ended up selling them to @ejot.

I think they turned out great as nickels in this set! The labels (gear?) make them look new again.

Here are some of my original pics (after cleaning & flattening), followed by the finished product.
IMG_9143.JPG IMG_9146.JPG IMG_9147.JPG IMG_9148.JPG IMG_9150.JPG
Empress-5c-relabel.JPG

They were $1s from the Limelight Club (California). They were a random eBay purchase I made, fairly old, worn, and some chips were warped. One original idea I had for them was to use them as $5s to use with some hotstamp Sahara 25c, 50c, and blue $1 solids. But after cleaning and flattening them, I just had way too many chip projects, so I ended up selling them to @ejot.

I think they turned out great as nickels in this set! The labels (gear?) make them look new again.

Here are some of my original pics (after cleaning & flattening), followed by the finished product.
View attachment 173882 View attachment 173883 View attachment 173884 View attachment 173885 View attachment 173886
View attachment 173881
You did some really great work on these, thanks again!

The labels are indeed Gear, and after explaining how it was virtually impossible to match this color, he went right ahead and matched it just about perfectly. :D Amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom