My case builder (2 Viewers)

Definitely weight and convenience come to mind.

In order to use either of the 2 x 1000 piece sets, you have to get out the same case. I assume one is a cash and one is a tournament, or there's less of a reason to need 2 different cash or 2 different tournament sets every time.

The 2 x 1000 piece sets in the same case makes sense if:
  • you'll only ever have these two sets, thus will never need to mix and match cash and tournament sets
  • you always play cash and tournament in the same evening, never just one or the other, thus never needing to just bring one set
  • none of your friend's have chip sets, or might get chip sets, thus you always have to bring these two sets
  • you'll never increase your two sets passed 1000 pieces each (unless you make one of the sets to 2000 pieces, then that's fine)
I'm just joking around about the bullet points above, but it's something to think about.
I think this 2000 piece case is very restrictive. I think 2 x 1000 piece cases will ultimately be more useful.

Love the bullet points.

Yes to a cash and tournament set. My plan is to only have these 2 sets. I recently ordered a similar design of cheaper case for 1500 to hold my existing 2 sets, but wanted a dedicated case for both my 1000 chip CPC sets that have just been ordered.

The advantage of having a case hold both sets is the advantage of only having to go into one case for everything, whether I would be traveling(doubtful) or storing it here at home for cash and tournaments (most likely scenario). There is a greater likelihood of playing both cash and tournament in the same night, though possibilities of only cash on other nights.

The advantages of the 1000 chip cases are that it is far cheaper ($120 each vs $550). Weight (30-35lbs vs 75lbs), and functionality - 3 matching cases vs a 1500 style smaller case and a 2000 style case on wheels. Storing 3 cases is a lot simpler than the monster 2000 chip case. Considering travel, it would be far easier to grab and go either the cash or tourney set or both depending on where I’m going vs. dragging the 75lb monster up from my basement and into my car. The chances of these sets leaving my house are extremely rare, but still something to consider.

3 of my smaller designs are still cheaper than the monster on wheels. This is a Huge consideration. Storing 3 matching cases is also much easier than the monster.

Thanks for the post. I’m really leaning toward the smaller design and making it a more universal foam layout and having case tags for tournament and cash sets along with the other case with my 1500 existing chips.

Some fine tuning of smaller design, with more room for standard decks.
A3247E2A-5362-4A96-9876-724C2D86AD2D.jpeg

So my first case for my existing 1500 chips came in today and the chips fit perfectly, except for one major issue.
As seen in one of the pics,
2FD8F35A-9BD6-456A-A4D0-D9D48788AF7A.jpeg
A6B59A4D-FF66-4FD8-8F60-A6F92F724668.jpeg
there are gaps in the base of the plastic, which allows the bottom foam to sink into the case, creating an uneven row of chips. I have emails and videos into the company to see what can be done.

An update.
MyCaseBuilder is sending me a recut piece of foam with base reinforcement. I'll let you know how it goes.

I received my replacement foam. The base of the foam is completely reinforced so no issues at all. Everything fits perfectly.

on my next build, I probably will widen the cut outs and lengthen a little to give a little bit more of room. The stacks are very tight.
CD57B217-E34F-4B3A-878D-41C1DBF81B88.jpeg

So I really sabotaged myself on my most recent case builds. I accidentally built the cases for 950 instead of 1000 chips. Hopefully my insurance I got can cover 2 new foam cuts.

fits perfectly otherwise.

86DF233E-46D2-45A6-AE4E-833D8AD8FE22.jpeg

Refreshing this thread... I'm considering getting a case from here but my set is only going to be between 800-900 chips. Any suggestions on a specific case?

I had 1000 Apache Royals in an Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight. Methodology was: Chips into matsui racks > racks shoulder to shoulder and stacked 2 levels deep in center of foam. The foam that came with the case provided ample support and I even manipulated it to have space for some 2 deck setups, buttons etc etc.

Surprised that this thread nearly died. I remember reading it back in 2020.

Wondering if anyone has used this company to build foam for a two level case like an Apache 3800 or 4800. I would love to see pics and get some design ideas.

I set up a 3800 using the foam that came with it and racks. It's OK this way, but it's a pain to get to the lower level if I still have chips in the upper level. It would be so much nicer to just have one piece that holds all the chips, and that is firm enough to lift it out of the case with chips still in it to get to the lower level.

Surprised that this thread nearly died. I remember reading it back in 2020.

Wondering if anyone has used this company to build foam for a two level case like an Apache 3800 or 4800. I would love to see pics and get some design ideas.

I set up a 3800 using the foam that came with it and racks. It's OK this way, but it's a pain to get to the lower level if I still have chips in the upper level. It would be so much nicer to just have one piece that holds all the chips, and that is firm enough to lift it out of the case with chips still in it to get to the lower level.
The foam from MCB is high quality, but you'd need something firm underneath it to support it as a top tier. It would just be too flimsy to lift out with chips packed in the foam.

You could probably build some type of tray to house the upper foam, but if you're dealing with an oddly shaped case, that could be tricky.

The foam from MCB is high quality, but you'd need something firm underneath it to support it as a top tier. It would just be too flimsy to lift out with chips packed in the foam.

You could probably build some type of tray to house the upper foam, but if you're dealing with an oddly shaped case, that could be tricky.
Not sure what you mean by oddly shaped case. Apaches are pretty much a rectangle with rounded corners. And I don't want to lift it when it's full. Some chips maybe, but not full. Just want to lift it all in one piece. What I have on top now is three racks, extra cards and buttons, and the floppy original foam. PITA to get to the lower level.

So mostly what I was asking is to see examples of these from anyone who has a two level setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom