My box from @alecnetwoodworks! (2 Viewers)

23moose

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
After discovering this forum around a year ago, I finally pulled the trigger on a custom set of CPC chips (which are coming soon hopefully). To go with them, I decided to get a box from @alecnetwoodworks after seeing some awesome photos and reading others' rave reviews. I just got the box, and wow, it's awesome.

The quality of the work is incredible; pictures can't really do it justice. On top of that, working with Alec was an absolute pleasure. He's hyper-responsive throughout the entire process. And for someone like me who wasn't totally sure of what I was looking for at times, Alec made a lot of great suggestions and was able to explain what different choices would mean for the box.

I went with the sapele wood, per Alec's suggestion.

For anyone thinking of working with Alec, I really cannot recommend it enough.

Attachments

• IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5049.jpg
    IMG_5049.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5050.jpg
    IMG_5050.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 163
Thanks everyone! Credit to alec for all things related to the design. Super happy with how it came out!

Looks very nice!
Maybe it's just me, but almost every wood tray I've seen looks very shallow. Curious if there is a reason they aren't deeper besides that being as close as bit can get due to chuck or bit shaft diameter.
If only a few chips are taken from a rack do the remaining tip over easily?

Looks very nice!
Maybe it's just me, but almost every wood tray I've seen looks very shallow. Curious if there is a reason they aren't deeper besides that being as close as bit can get due to chuck or bit shaft diameter.
If only a few chips are taken from a rack do the remaining tip over easily?
Thank you!
Not sure on the logic behind the depth but so far I haven't had any issue with chips falling over

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom