Giveaway My birthday is coming up so lets do my first giveaway! *CLOSED* (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So my birthday is coming up and it will be my last birthday being a 30 something but it will also be my first birthday as a PCF member so what better way to celebrate than by doing my first giveaway!

Now this giveaway is mainly targeted at newbies as I'm looking to create a few more addicts amongst us by offering up a smorgasbord of samples. Apologies seasoned chippers that I don't have any good stuff that would pique your interest.

As you can see I took the "get samples" advice very seriously and have amassed a wide variety of samples from different manufacturers and chips type. In order to try and give the newbies a taste of what's out there and allow them to compare, I have included what I feel newbies would first look at when "feeling" their way through the journey especially in terms of pricing/affordability & common availability to help them get a better understanding of the nuances between different chips, etc.

I know it took me a while to get a "feel" of things, so I'm hoping that these "platter" of chips can speed up someone else's learning curve and or help them make a decision as to which chips they want to buy.

Prizes.
There are two of them. I will ship these for free to anywhere in the world. I will give more details about the chips included once the giveaway is complete.

1st Prize.
1615541145454.png

2nd Prize.
1615541167760.png

Who can enter?
everyone and anyone

How to enter?
Time to test your knowledge and research / search function skills. From the different types of samples included as prizes (see pics), choose and name a single stack, identify what the chips are made of and or who the manufacturer is. You only need to do this for one stack to gain entry as you are only permitted to enter once. Please place your answer/s in the thread.
Note. To prevent the possibility of everyone picking the same stack and or copying of answers. I will limit the number of entries per stack in the pics to 2. i.e. only 2 people are permitted to gain entry by identifying a stack. Yes, I'm aware there is the same stack in both pics so technically 4 people can enter from identifying that stack.

How will a winner be determined?
I love love love PLO, so I plan on running a HU PLO contest with a twist. Every correct entry will be given 4 cards when matched up against someone. An extra card can be earned If you identify both the type of chip and its manufacturer when entering. You will also get a bonus card if you are a supporting member. If you are a fellow Aussie I will give you the option to decide if your matches include an "ocean" or not. I will set up some brackets system to work out who plays who once I know how many entries there are.
Every incorrect entry will still get entered but they will only get 3 cards.

Note. Whilst entries are open I will not be advising you if your answers are correct or not.

When will this draw take place?
My birthday is this Sunday so I will give everyone until Tuesday 17th March to enter. So as long as it's still the 16th of March in your part of the world you can enter. Any late entries may be permitted at my discretion. I will aim to do the draw on Wednesday 17th in the evening local Sydney time.

Conditions of Entry
These are not to be resold. Not cool and will bring you bad chip Karma.

Please dont (publicly at least) discuss each others answers whilst the entry period is open. Id like this to try and serve as an educational oppurtunity for newbies by using the search tool to try and find answers and learn about chips that are new to them.

I reserve the right to deduct cards or exclude people for breaking the above condition.

Whilst I can't enforce this one and is not a condition of entry, I would have a strong preference you enjoy these for a while, and once you have had your time with them, you pay it forward in a manner you see fit and help another new member. Maybe you keep a few you like. Maybe you add some of your own. The main thing is that you try to help someone new to chipping.
Note. Once these have been sent I won't be following where these end up but just know the chipping gods are watching!

If there is any confusion with any of the above please let me know and I will do my best to clear it up. If you need any more pics please let me know.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is correct way but among 1st lot I can see Bud Jones Radisson

Last edited:
I did and thank you for opportunity. Is that better?
The format of your answer is correct.

You may want to check out some threads on the forum to see if your answer is correct or not. Everyone who posts an answer will be entered but you may also want to read the section on how a winner will be determined. :cool

Thanks again for taking part in the giveaway

Last edited:
edit: Atlantic club inlaid horsehead mold (HHR) clay chip by CPC ( Classic Poker Chips). Happy birthday!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting old buddy! I'm already "over the hill" so it's the pot calling on the kettle!

Happy birthday man!

@Raphmivey. You may want to clarify a bit further. i.e. the full name. Im hoping this giveaway this can be educational and helpful.
of course! I edited my post let me know if that s good. Thanks for doing this. If I win Ill give back some of them mentioning it orgininally comes from you of course. I am really interested in the CPC samples. I love the Aria tribute are they 'your design'?

of course! I edited my post let me know if that s good. Thanks for doing this. If I win Ill give back some of them mentioning it orgininally comes from you of course. I am really interested in the CPC samples. I love the Aria tribute are they 'your design'?
Thanks for the edit.

The CPC samples are nice. Especially with the 44mm chips.

The Aria tributes are courtesy of @xdan a fellow Aussie chipper who gifted these to me.

Happy birthday. I don't need to enter, I too have lots of samples that I'll probably be giving away soon, but thanks for running this.

Happy birthday and thanks for the giveaway. New chipper from Greece here.
I can see some Pharaoh's in the first picture. They are china clay and made from/for apache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom