Murder, (S)he Wrote: The Unofficial Murder Pr0n Thread (5 Viewers)

20190919_201238.jpg

Trying this for the first time. I thought getting the plastic covers off would be harder, but getting the vinyl inlay out is way worse.

lUiK81SqQ+ejwancQYu6Bg_thumb_13d4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13d3.jpg

If anyone in Canads wants to send me one or two of these chips I can give it a shot to see if it is you or the chips.

I have a PM from someone who is also having challenges with these chips.

Progress. I learned that I hadn't left the nail polish remover on long enough. Only waited like five minutes the first time. More like twenty the second time, and they came off much easier, usually in a single piece.

View attachment 341588
Are you sure it's not too long? Sometimes with difficult chips it can actually be easier to remove the inlay if you wait less time to tackle the chip (maybe less of the strength has dissipated?).

I am sure of nothing.
When I murder a chip I consider 30 seconds to be a long time. Different chips have a different optimal time, but I have never had to wait 5+ minutes...

That said, if it is working, great!! Just be careful, some colours and inlays react to the NPR. For example, with AS $20s, the inlay will bleed and stain the yellow chips blue if you put on too much NPR or leave it on too long (giving it time to spread to the chip surface.

When I murder a chip I consider 30 seconds to be a long time. Different chips have a different optimal time, but I have never had to wait 5+ minutes...

That said, if it is working, great!! Just be careful, some colours and inlays react to the NPR. For example, with AS $20s, the inlay will bleed and stain the yellow chips blue if you put on too much NPR or leave it on too long (giving it time to spread to the chip surface.
Well. Shit. I don't know what to do.

Well. Shit. I don't know what to do.
A lot depends on the chip - try one as a test and learn. If you’re doing solids then less to worry about.

I think the chips with vinyl inlay are amongst the easiest to remove. Make sure your blade goes though the laminate and the vinyl when you pop it up. Doesn’t matter if you scratch the chip a little, it won’t be seen under the label.

I’m having a hell of a time with old chips with paper inlays. The laminate pops off but the paper is left behind every time!

Super nice set. Is your OCD calling you to add some 20’s and 100’s to make it a full rack? Haha
Luckily I'm more of a realist about not needing them, and also not wanting to pay out for the cost of filling that rack lol

Maybe I'll get some more 20s later.

I have another rack of 1s and 5s too, but im unsure about murdering those 2 racks. I'll see how I go

My first go at this! Got a few barrels done, and my technique is getting better. Didn't have nail polish remover though, so I will pick up some for when I can't get the entire inlay of in one go, instead of scraping of the leftovers.

PSX_20191025_081517.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom