Cash Game Moving from a Limit Table to a NL/PL Table (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm thinking of hosting a two table event for my Birthday next month.

Main Table will be .25/50 100 max buy in NL/PL games. Rebuys are half the deep stack.

I'm thinking of table two being a 3/6 limit dealers Choice (6 player max).

My question is how I handle players wanting to move from one table to the next? I guess my concern is if a deep stack player wants to move how do I handle him buying in at the other table? If a guy at the limit table has a 600 stack and wants to move to the NL/PL where the deep stack is 400 how should I handle that?

I'm thinking of hosting a two table event for my Birthday next month.

Main Table will be .25/50 100 max buy in NL/PL games. Rebuys are half the deep stack.

I'm thinking of table two being a 3/6 limit dealers Choice (6 player max).

My question is how I handle players wanting to move from one table to the next? I guess my concern is if a deep stack player wants to move how do I handle him buying in at the other table? If a guy at the limit table has a 600 stack and wants to move to the NL/PL where the deep stack is 400 how should I handle that?

Moving from NL to limit isn't a concern, since there really is no cap on buy-in amounts. (since each round is capped).
I would suspect that you would either cash out the player from the limit table, and buy him into the NL table, or only allow him the max buy in. So, if you can buy in for the big stack, or half the big stack...

Otherwise, I could buy-in for a lot more in the limit game, and move and have a huge stack advantage.

Moving from NL to limit isn't a concern, since there really is no cap on buy-in amounts. (since each round is capped).
I would suspect that you would either cash out the player from the limit table, and buy him into the NL table, or only allow him the max buy in. So, if you can buy in for the big stack, or half the big stack...

Otherwise, I could buy-in for a lot more in the limit game, and move and have a huge stack advantage.

Yep, that's why I'm posting. I've only hosted one "Limit" game ever. I figure there are some guys on here that might have a suggestion for me other than what I was thinking (what you stated).

Thanks,

B

Cash and rebuy for table switch. Just make sure no one wins a big pot, switches to limit for a few hands, and goes back to NL/PL. If they return they need to buy in for what they cashed out.

Technically.....you could run the limit table with the same demons as your NL table although you would need extra 1's at the limit table. You wouldn't have the standard deep stacks associated with limit. But you could definitely make it work.

Ideally they would be separate banks

When I've run two tables of similar stakes, but different betting structures I just placed a buy in cap at the limit table. Then people can hop tables all they want. Use one bank, one chip set to make things easier so you don't make a mistake.

Ex. 1 table $2/4 Limit and the other $0.25/0.50 NL/PL.

When I've run two tables of similar stakes, but different betting structures I just placed a buy in cap at the limit table. Then people can hop tables all they want. Use one bank, one chip set to make things easier so you don't make a mistake.

Definitely not an expert, but this seems a lot easier than buying out and in - just color up big stacks if chip quantity is an issue.

Also don't see any issue with big stacks moving tables in cash games. I'd prefer that it all stays in play.

Thanks.

And thanks for all the responses!

Yep, what @Payback said! So for the 25¢/50¢ NL/PL table, you'd cap betting at a certain amount, $200 for example, or maybe $100. That is the limit one player can put in the pot in total adding all streets.

Now, one quick comment Bill: If you offer NL/PL and a Limit table that night, I wonder who would want to seat at the Limit table, LOL!!!! And trust me, I'm one of the guys bothered the least by a Limit game, LOL!!!

I know. Realistically I will probably just run two standard tables. Maybe one day we'll find enough players to give it a try.

Limit (IMO) will only work if only Limit games are offered, or, if you mix Limit/NL/PL at the same table. If you give the option, your players will always pick NL/PL over Limit.

You can have players draw to see which table they start at. Then after a few hours the table switch games.

Or go with a big 10 game mix with both PL/NL and Limit games offered at both tables.

We used to get a full table of it every week for a year after tournament bust outs.

Limit was played at $3/6 blinds and for the PL/NL games blinds were $1/1. Max buy-in was $200. It was a fun game.

if your NL players are balking at limit you may need to go to higher limits perhaps $5/$10 or if their really gambolly $25/$50.....if they feel like they are unable to bluff or other preconcieved sterotypes...just a thought

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom