Cash Game More 2/5 PLO (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Another nice session today. Had a short stack who would only run it once get all-in against me twice and lose both times

Also flopped 3 top sets and filled on the turn in all 3 hands tonight so I didn't have to sweat the straight and flush draws

I could get used to this

20191011_185610.jpg

Another nice session today. Had a short stack who would only run it once get all-in against me twice and lose both times

Also flopped 3 top sets and filled on the turn in all 3 hands tonight so I didn't have to sweat the straight and flush draws

I could get used to this

View attachment 351696

Just wait for the downswong.....

Just wait for the downswong.....

I had a -$2200 night once already, but I was hero-calling against a guy capable of bluffing when he had to have exactly 78 for his bet to make sense, and I just didn't believe he did.

I play a fairly snug style, but I am aware of the variance this game has with it, which is why I try to run it twice when the other player(s) is agreeable. But generally when I'm getting my money in, it's not just a coin-flip spot, I have the equity edge (although I did lose both boards as a 75% favorite against a short-stack who had the naked flush draw against my top set and wrap straight draw, so I understand the risks)

I had a -$2200 night once already, but I was hero-calling against a guy capable of bluffing when he had to have exactly 78 for his bet to make sense, and I just didn't believe he did.

I play a fairly snug style, but I am aware of the variance this game has with it, which is why I try to run it twice when the other player(s) is agreeable. But generally when I'm getting my money in, it's not just a coin-flip spot, I have the equity edge (although I did lose both boards as a 75% favorite against a short-stack who had the naked flush draw against my top set and wrap straight draw, so I understand the risks)
Be careful with running it twice, or being know as someone who will always run it twice. A lot of PLO is getting people to fold their equity. If they know that if they can get it all in with you and can run it twice they are more likely to shove on you. They maximize their fold equity against you and if you do call they have a god shot of winning some or even all of the pot anyways.

I used to be willing to run it twice but once I realized people were going all-in before the river with mediocre hands so they could run it twice made me change my mind about it.

Now I will only run it more than once if I am up and they ask for it, I won’t offer. If I am stuck I’m only running it once and have made that clear to everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom