Tourney Monopoly Poker Tournament, crazy idea? (4 Viewers)

Jail only prohibits you from rolling the dice. Just as you can still buy property at auction, mortgage property, collect rent, buy houses etc., I don't see why you couldn't play poker

good point. Since this idea is already in the realm of ridiculous, I suggest that if you're in jail when it goes to poker, you cannot bet or raise, only call :LOL: :laugh: You can get yourself out of jail with a $50 ante

NEW RULE: All properties, houses and hotels carried over from the game are treated like oversize chips, and if wagered must be immediately mortgaged and/or cashed out in order to cover the bet in cash. Properties sold this way go back to the bank.

This fixes: player with no cash in blinds. Two players betting / calling with bo cash and there's not enough cash in the pot to make change for the more valuable property (ie player A bets $200 but only has Pennsylvania ave and Player B calls with Park Place. Pot owes player A $100 and owes Player B $150 but only $75 in blinds are in the pot).

@Pinesol13 I grew up playing this way too but it is not official nor would I add houserules to this version. Also most players I've met don't know if a player lands on a property that is unowned and they can't afford it / don't want it it immediately goes up for auction to the highest bidder.

@Pinesol13 I grew up playing this way too but it is not official nor would I add houserules to this version. Also most players I've met don't know if a player lands on a property that is unowned and they can't afford it / don't want it it immediately goes up for auction to the highest bidder.
On second thought, houserules would be fine as long as everyone agrees to and understands them. Fistfights are strictly discouraged.

But if you wanna play free parking lotto, sevenstud instead of holdem, Omaha8, whatever knock yourself out just make sure everyone knows. That's the beauty of homegames.

On second thought, houserules would be fine as long as everyone agrees to and understands them. Fistfights are strictly discouraged.

But if you wanna play free parking lotto, sevenstud instead of holdem, Omaha8, whatever knock yourself out just make sure everyone knows. That's the beauty of homegames.

Personally, I'd be inclined to make up my own wacky house rules for this hybrid game. I'd definitely do the free parking stash goes in to the poker pot.

Queen on the flop, the dealer draws a chance card.

Roll the dice before every hand, if it's doubles it's a bomb pot

If you're on a railroad when it goes to poker, you have to straddle.

@Chiproll do you allow trades/bartering when you play monopoly?

Years ago, I was playing with some friends. It was down to 3 people. My one friend was trying to trade some properties with me and I wasn't having it. Then he said "Either do this trade with me, or I'll sell everything I have to the other player for $1". We got into a debate as to whether or not he could do that, if it was fair, etc.

In the end, we decided it was a fair strategy. I declined, because I'm stubborn. And lost the game :LOL: :laugh:

@Chiproll do you allow trades/bartering when you play monopoly?

Years ago, I was playing with some friends. It was down to 3 people. My one friend was trying to trade some properties with me and I wasn't having it. Then he said "Either do this trade with me, or I'll sell everything I have to the other player for $1". We got into a debate as to whether or not he could do that, if it was fair, etc.

In the end, we decided it was a fair strategy. I declined, because I'm stubborn. And lost the game :LOL: :laugh:
Yeah anything goes in monopoly. The only rule I enforce is only in game resources can be traded. No outside game favors, food or other items. Its not unusual for players on their way out to do spiteful deals.

Make sure you play by strict, actual Monopoly rules. If you do that, most games should last 20-30 minutes. It's when people don't read the directions and add all their house rules that games can last hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom