Mission accomplished: Chanman crushed a home run with my new table (1 Viewer)

Chawks45

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Before finally making an account on PCF, I lurked for a year or two in the shadows and became aware of Tony Chan’s amazing work. COVID-19 provided the lull to conduct deeper research, which included reading numerous threads here and scouring the Internet for his company’s reviews. He and I exchanged numerous emails and a phone call or two, and I found myself extremely comfortable before taking the plunge.

Allow me to echo what so many on PCF over the years have stated about Tony’s dedication to customer service, which is downright incredible. He genuinely wants to build your vision, but won’t hesitate to provide advice on why something you requested might not be a good idea while offering alternatives. Tony is an excellent communicator and kept me informed every step of the way.

Tim, one of Tony’s designers, was also great to work with during the period we went back and forth on the graphics. I truly appreciated their patience with me whenever I either tweaked the order a couple of times with Tony –– I’m positive Tony cringed every time he opened an email from me and it started with, “Sorry for doing this, but can you do (insert new request) …” –– or made adjustments on the table art with Tim. With everything squared away, all that remained was the wait.

That was then, this is now.

Tony just sent me the below photos to show how he executed the mission on my new Army-themed 108 x 44 poker table with custom gaming suede cloth, 1.25-inch custom-illuminated raised rail, brass cup holders, brass star decorative nails, pedestal legs and built-in USB ports. Tony tells me this is 95 percent finished and the only part remaining for him to do is the installation of the custom acrylic on the raised rail, followed by crating and shipping within next day or so.

1.jpg

Nostalgia time.

My second career has taken me far away from the Army way of life, a period I forever cherish. Nevertheless, I’ve always yearned to capture my 20 years on active duty with a unique and personal touch ever since retiring from the Army in 2006. So, I decided to go full steam ahead by doing it with something I love. Troops getting together to play cards and strengthen camaraderie during downtime is essentially a time-honored tradition across the armed forces, after all.

Picking a color scheme proved easy since the Army’s official colors are black and gold. I rolled with a fading dark-to-light green felt while incorporating black and gold –– like the brass cup holders and decorative nails –– around the table. The betting line border also has a touch of gold.

2.jpg

Here's a shot of how Tony built-in the USB ports to the table.

USB.jpg

When veterans initially meet, the first question often asked is, “Where were you stationed?”

The table, which effectively tells my story, answers the inquiry and opens the door for friendly banter while sharing memories of either past duty stations or deployments.

Starting from the spot to the left of middle/dealer seat (or right looking at the photo below) and going clockwise, the unit patch graphics are in chronological order and reflect every command I was assigned to throughout my military career. Patches are in an OD green pattern since I spent 18 years in the BDU era before the Army switched full-time to ACUs in 2005. I left a spot blank outside the betting line directly in front of the dealer seat to represent the empty feeling I’ve endured since hanging up the uniform.

The illuminated rail contains a Drill Sergeant badge –– did my time wearing the “Brown Round” on the trail at Fort Jackson, SC –– at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 clock-like spots with the Army motto and 1st Infantry Division motto engraved in other spots.

3.jpg

My apologies for the long post, but I’m jacked up. I can’t wait for the table to arrive and will follow up in this thread with photos once I have it set up.

In the meantime, thank you so much to @T_Chan, who stepped to the plate and blasted a game-winning home run. Mission accomplished, kind Sir.

“This We’ll Defend!”

:eek: Phenomenal! Congrats on the amazing new setup! @T_Chan always impresses.

Thanks!

I was so jacked up when Tony emailed me those photos, I didn't bother replying via electrons. I picked up the phone and when he answered, the first thing out of my mouth was: "Are you kidding me? Holy Hell!"

Tony is simply THE Man.

Great looking table, thank you for your service!

Sooo close to finished. I felt like quite the idiot though when I was installing the decorative nails and realized I only had half as many as I needed. Those pre-drilled holes will get filled with more nail, and the USB port are spaced out so that they almost look like another decorative nail head. Almost makes me want to find some sort of "cap" to plug into the USB port when not in use with a star on the front.

Very happy to work with you as well. Always glad to hear the voice of a happy customer.

Well holy crap, nice job to all involved. Fantastic how many personal touches are on that thing!

Your ceramics are great, and they'll happily play on this table. But I have a sneaking suspicion you better start saving for maybe some Paulson relabeled This We'll Defend chips to grace that table....

Awesome job, I look forward to seeing how blown away your regulars are when they come over for the first game.

I look forward to seeing how blown away your regulars are when they come over for the first game.

Thanks, Barrie! Only one of my regs, who is also my best friend, knows I went all-out with the table. In fact, he's the one the core group of regs can thank for the USB ports. I wasn't going to do it until he pointed out how much better it would be to keep everyone at the table instead of them having to get up, plug in their phones, then sitting down, then getting back up to check power levels. It was definitely a good selling point, so I went with it.

As for the rest of the group, I agree on wanting to see their reaction when they enter the room. There are a couple of veterans at my home game and I think they'll appreciate it, for sure. Well, whenever I can actually get around to hosting again!

Always glad to hear the voice of a happy customer.

If anyone out there is having any second thoughts about rolling with a Chanman Poker Table, this is an easy one: Do it with zero concerns. Tony's reputation is well-earned and like I told him on the phone this afternoon, I am beyond ecstatic I went with him to build this table for me.

Whenever you and @Ben8257 decide to adopt and share all those glorious poker chips in your house, don't forget I can do yard work, shovel snow, take care of any pets, wash vehicles, etc. And the table will come with me!

We can splash plenty of pots on it!

View attachment 506161
Well. This offer improves regularly lol

Whenever you and @Ben8257 decide to adopt and share all those glorious poker chips in your house, don't forget I can do yard work, shovel snow, take care of any pets, wash vehicles, etc. And the table will come with me!

We can splash plenty of pots on it!

View attachment 506161
Absolutely amazing table brother!! You would be totally annoyed with the constant chip washing, cleaning and oiling operation that runs here 365 days a year!! Would be honored some day to splash some pots on your new table!!

Getting the pictures and then getting the delivery of a @T_Chan table are like Christmas morning as a kid.

A very close second was the delivery of my hot dog roller!

In all seriousness and to your point, I already see this upcoming week consisting of many sleepless nights, tossing and turning, and monitoring the shipment's progress like tracking Santa's flight path on Christmas Eve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom