Cancelled Misprinted.... legs? (1 Viewer)

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
For sale is a pair of black walnut Lafortune style legs. The are 2" thick solid black walnut with an oil based polyurethane finish.

The footprint is 75"x23" on the floor, the top is narrower since the legs taper upwards and inwards. The construction is a half lap joint with a hanger bolt at the top of each leg. There's 1 bolt in the middle underneath to hold both halves together.

So, how is this a "misprint"? Well the legs were built but unfortunately, the design has a flaw in that it's wobbly. The legs need some bracing at the top. The bracing can't be attached via traditional methods because of the half lap construction creating several 45 and 22.5 degree surfaces which makes bracing the top difficult. These legs were built for a customer, shipped out and then we realized the flaw which resulted in a fair bit of table wobble. A new set was made using different construction method (mortise ant tenon) and delivered to him to replace these legs. Now he has an extra pair which I don't really want to ship back to me.

These legs are currently in Johnson City TN. they fold flat in 2 pieces and the client still has the original crate that I shipped them in. These aren't cheap to ship back to me in Canada, so I'd like to see if anyone south of the border wants to pick them up for a good deal. If you can figure out a way to add bracing along the top, they would make for some pretty nice legs. Braces with 22.5 degree ends and pocket screws could work.

These retail for $1410 CAD + $310 for the walnut upgrade. I'm selling this set for $1000 CAD shipped anywhere in the USA, or $800 + shipping, if you can find a cheap shipping option then this might be perfect (or are local to pickup). The table in the photo is 106"x44", though these legs will also fit a table as small as 84"x42".

2021-01-16 15.08.35_1024x512.jpg

2021-01-26 16.37.56_1024x512.jpg

2021-01-27 16.26.35_1024x512.jpg

Sale ends at the end of the day Friday. If these aren't sold, then I'm going to have them shipped back to myself. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom