SOLD MINT HOT stamps from Vegas $275.00 shipped (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love a sample as well.

I can't quite tell from the pictures in the OP if the rolling edges have any markings from the lathe process. But CPC's are clay and the rolling edges are smooth.

Robert just responded back and said:

For what it is worth, @David Spragg said "Only injection molded plastic.”​

I'm so confused. :unsure:
Not to belabor the point, but Robert emailed me again and quoted Jim Blanchard

"As far as I know, only injection molding.”

As many are aware, between these two sources, their credentials are CPC, ASM, Chipboard, and ChipGuide.

Surely a mold used for injection molding cannot just be tossed on a press and then used for compression molding, right? They have to be two very different things, don't they?
I've never seen the equipment, so I have no idea. And even if my above assumption is true, it isn't dispositive of the issue. Obviously molds could exist to work with both mediums. But it seems like people are willing to accept the notion "yes, this mold was used mostly for injection molding, but has been used for compression molding too" a bit too easily. It's not that simple, right?
Edit: now that I think about it, I guess cups are made from the mold? And the cups are what actually mold the chips? My vocabulary' a little off, but you get my point.

Last edited:
Surely a mold used for injection molding cannot just be tossed on a press and then used for compression molding, right? They have to be two very different things, don't they?

I think this is the primary cause for confusion at this point... the idea that there are identical clay and plastic molds out there is what's throwing people off. While it is unlikely that two separate, yet identical, sets of molds exist for different manufacturing processes, it's certainly not impossible.

Unicorn mold also used by Palm Gaming to create molded ceramics. http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/new-release-unicorn-mold.85178/

unicorn.jpg

From the pictures showing the edges I would say those are clay. I am sure @41Pickup would not say they were clay if he was not positive.

I suggest a new sales thread since we all derailed this thread

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom