Milling bit recommendation (1 Viewer)

DZPoker

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all!

In the happy world of Amazon-with-prime-shipping-is-pretty-close-to-as-good-as-you-tend-to-get-price-wise, I was wondering if any of you who mill could recommend a specific bit from Amazon. I’d take a specific bit from another online source if you felt strongly for it...but online access is the key!

Just to be clear on the desired setup: drill press with said bit in well worn older clay chips!

-DZ

Last edited:
I think many members have gotten the Magnate brand bit and were satisfied with it.

I never found it easy to access from Canada, so I bought a Chinese-made bottom cleaning bit for my router. Most important aspect for me was the flatness of the resulting recess. You don't want a convex or concave surface if you can at all avoid it.

I purchased the Magnate 7/8” bottom-cleaning bit direct from magnate.net a few weeks ago. They were sold out of the 1/4” shank ones, so I got the 1/2” shank (similar price).
Im sure the folks at Magnate keep wondering why the 7/8” bit is such a huge seller. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I also got this one

Magnate 7/8” bottom-cleaning bit

After +1000 chips still sharp like when bought

tfw you see a Starburst collector asking about milling bits

1609005708319.png

tfw you see a Starburst collector asking about milling bits

View attachment 602237
Why do you think I’ve been buying them all up! Muahahaha !!!!! There’ll be so many stars burst in my garage it’d make @Josh Kifer cringe!

Just kidding...planning a side project that has nothing at all to do with Starbursts...I could never!!:)!!

Why do you think I’ve been buying them all up! Muahahaha !!!!! There’ll be so many stars burst in my garage it’d make @Josh Kifer cringe!

Just kidding...planning a side project that has nothing at all to do with Starbursts...I could never!!:)!!
........ You don't wanna know where your gonna have to go to make me cringe.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom