Wanted Can I borrow/rent your milling jig? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm interested in trying milling but don't have the time, skills, or tools needed to make the jig described by @Eloe2000 in the Complete drill press milling setup tutorial with details and links thread. I'll be getting the drill bit itself, and I'm borrowing a drill press from my father in law, but can I borrow your jig? Terms negotiable. Let me know!

1631385259111.png

I'm interested in trying milling but don't have the time, skills, or tools needed to make the jig described by @Eloe2000 in the Complete drill press milling setup tutorial with details and links thread. I'll be getting the drill bit itself, and I'm borrowing a drill press from my father in law, but can I borrow your jig? Terms negotiable. Let me know!

View attachment 775144
A jig does not need to be complicated. It could just be a chunk of wood with a 39mm pressed hole in it with a lip so you can remove. Toss in something to grip the chip and you are GTG. If it's a one time thing, I'd makeshift something. It would cost more for the shipping there and back

A jig does not need to be complicated. It could just be a chunk of wood with a 39mm pressed hole in it with a lip so you can remove. Toss in something to grip the chip and you are GTG. If it's a one time thing, I'd makeshift something. It would cost more for the shipping there and back
Thanks for this suggestion ... I'm open to something makeshift, but I'm not very handy and don't have a lot of plywood scraps around to demo something. Your point is well made. All things considered, I thought this might be the more efficient use my time, but I could be wrong and may end up going this route anyway!

Thanks for this suggestion ... I'm open to something makeshift, but I'm not very handy and don't have a lot of plywood scraps around to demo something. Your point is well made. All things considered, I thought this might be the more efficient use my time, but I could be wrong and may end up going this route anyway!
I'll be honest. I'm a dipshit. Had zero ability to build, work with wood, do really anything. If I can do it and become a vendor, anyone can. Hahahaha

I have two very small projects to mill and then will be done for a long time. I just won’t have time to get to those projects for a couple weeks. After that though you can borrow mine.

I have two very small projects to mill and then will be done for a long time. I just won’t have time to get to those projects for a couple weeks. After that though you can borrow mine.
If I haven’t already located/made a makeshift one, I would really appreciate it!

At first I just used scrape piece of wood, wood shims and some screws. Just stuff I had around the house. Took no more than 10 minutes to slap together. An old mouse pad or an old school jar opener will work as a gripping surface.

setup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom