Milano's or Majestic? (3 Viewers)

Beasty

Reaction score
Hello PCF Family,

For the past 1 month, I've been in the search to upgrade my Poker Chip Set! I've read numerous threads, watched every YouTube video, and compared prices, customs, and shipping fees and I think I finally found the two types I'm interested in! Majestic Poker Chips from Apache and Milano Poker Chips!

Disclaimer: I'm also open to suggestions from you guys as you are more knowledgeable than me and I want to learn and get the best deal!

I'm located in Europe(Bulgaria to be exact) and I have a buddy from California who is coming to Bulgaria and he is willing to bring me around 500-600pc of chips! I will be paying for an extra suitcase for him so he can bring them inside!

I'm open to hearing your suggestions and what you think of my choice and just in general have a healthy discussion on how I should proceed with this venture!

Thank you in advance
Beasty

I have samples of both and prefer the feel of the Majestic. But YMMV - your chips

Also what I don't have yet are samples of Tina card molds or Royals from ApachePokerChips (I really like the spot progression options on the Royals versus what I would refer to as standard spot progression on the Majectics)

Yea - get samples

Welcome to PCF.

Take your time and get samples.
I tried finding Sample packs in Europe but with shipping and the price for single chips here in Europe, there is no point in spending so much money!

On the other note, my friend is leaving in mid-January so there would be no time for me to get the samples and make a decision! I have to pull the trigger now!

I prefer the New Greek Key mold ceramics over both the China Clays. Go get involved in a group buy or put out a wanted ad.
Interesting design and colors but I want clay ones for now! Would keep my eyes open for the future to try on ceramics!
Thank you for the suggestion !

Those ‘ceramics’ feel better than china ‘clay’…you def need samples as you’ll most likely change your mind.

My first set after dice chips were Majestics. They were Ok but then I discovered BR Pro and haven't looked back.

My first set after dice chips were Majestics. They were Ok but then I discovered BR Pro and haven't looked back.
Plenty of choices on BR, but is twice as much as my budget! I will consider them in the future! Do you know if they send overseas?

Those ‘ceramics’ feel better than china ‘clay’…you def need samples as you’ll most likely change your mind.
That's a hugely debatable statement, as I know many here that will say the opposite. I own many chips from a few "Tina's" to TR Kings, including a bunch in between, and, I can clearly state that I'd take the Royals over those ceramics any day. Maybe it's the size (43mm), but, they are some of the nicest handling chips that aren't Paulson equivalent.

I owend and sold a Majestic set because I couldn't deal with the smell, plus, the colors and progression weren't as nice as the Royals. They are nice chips for the money, but, they have their faults.

I've seen several members raving about the new Greek mold hybrids, so, I ordered a sample set, and, wasn't as impressed as some. The colors and progression are very nice, but, when stacked they are pretty slick. Moving them around reminds me a bit of dice chips.

As to the OP's question, between Milano and Majestic I would prefer Majestic. The Milano had a nice look, but, we're more slick and didn't handle as well.

I highly recommend getting samples, but, not sure how easy that would be for you considering your location.

Plenty of choices on BR, but is twice as much as my budget! I will consider them in the future! Do you know if they send overseas?
Sorry, I'm not sure about oversea shipping. Understandable about budget, I think we all make progressions based on budget and quality wanted.

As far as durability goes, I'd go with ceramics even if you have to deal with spinners. I have two china clay sets and certain colors have started becoming extremely brittle.

As far as durability goes, I'd go with ceramics even if you have to deal with spinners. I have two china clay sets and certain colors have started becoming extremely brittle.
Yeah it’s really a no brainer…there will always be the minority that prefers the old, brittle, smelly, slippery, round edge china plastics.

Not all China clays" are the same. Kind of like saying a Chevette and Corvette are the same since they're both Vette's.

I have as set of Royals and absolutley love them. I hop you didn't buy yours yet because you can find good vendors in europe who sell both Royals and majestics. One of my favourite places is pokerhosp.de

I have played with both Milano's and Royals (43mm version of Majestics) and i would pick the royals/Majestics 10/10 times. The Majestics feel just as good, just smaller. Once oiled, their colors really pop. Id get some samples if you end up finding any to ship and go from there. I got 4-5 different sample sets before settling on a set within my budget

I tried finding Sample packs in Europe but with shipping and the price for single chips here in Europe, there is no point in spending so much money!

On the other note, my friend is leaving in mid-January so there would be no time for me to get the samples and make a decision! I have to pull the trigger now!
Have you tried pokershop.de

Yes I have bought from them a few times in the passed always satisfied. They are Based in Germany

I bought samples of both and perfered the Magestics over the milanos.

China clays are plastic. Ceramic are plastic. Tina’s are plastic. All slightly different variations on the same material. None are clay.
Even real “clays” are plastic…. Put flame to it and see what happens lol

I think that the Majestics trump the Milanos, but it all come down to personal preference - get some sample sets to test which one you like more.

I built both of my sets based in Milanos. Budget friendly. 12 colors, I used 6 colors for for cash set and the other 6 for my tournament set.

Even real “clays” are plastic…. Put flame to it and see what happens lol
I would not suggest putting a flame to china clays. Nobody knows what's inside them, but the odds that its toxic are better than even.

I would not suggest putting a flame to china clays. Nobody knows what's inside them, but the odds that its toxic are better than even.
Paulson or China, all clay chips are some type of plastic. All plastic raw materials come from a few manufacturers and all plastics are toxic when burned. Nothing inherently worse about plastics that come from China…

Last edited:
Nothing inherently worse about plastics that come from China…
I can’t imagine why you’d think you’d be so sure about that.

And now I’m beginning to wonder if you actually think all Paulson clay formulas have always been all plastic?

I can’t imagine why you’d think you’d be so sure about that.

And now I’m beginning to wonder if you actually think all Paulson clay formulas have always been all plastic?
I made no claims about any historical formulations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom