Tourney May the 4th Be With You Bounty Hunter tourney: bonus hand ideas? (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I'm having a Star Wars-themed poker tourney on May 2 (since May the 4th is a Tuesday). I ordered knockoff Mandalorian mini-figures as bounties. There will be bonus chips given for wearing a costume and bringing a themed food to share.

Buy-in is $20: $10 to prize pool, $5 to KO bounty, and the other $5 to hand bonuses and high-hand jackpot. Rebuys will be $15.

Each hand bounty will be $5. Only one of each hand bounty will be rewarded. The remainder will go to the high hand.

Here are my ideas so far:
  • Imperial guard: win a pot with red jacks (at least one in your hand)
  • Dark side of the 4's: win with black 4's (at least one in your hand)
  • Luke Skywalker: lose a pot at showdown to someone holding a black king (lose a hand to a black king...get it? :p )
  • Kissing your sister: chopped pot
  • Jedi mind trick: win a pot with 72 (or maybe bluff on the river)
Any other ideas?

Boba Fett and/or Mando bounty chips seem obvious instead of the mini figurines

edit: or make them look like the bounty pucks from the Mandalorian

AT-AT Walker - win a hand with AT, a chopped pot with two ATs, or win two hands with AT?
1618933895017.png

• Jar Jar Binks figurine: awarded to the worst-played hand of the tourney
  • Jyn Erso's "Rebellions are built on hope" speech: Replaces the "chip and a chair" mantra often preached to the desperate short stack

• Obi-Wan Kenobi: "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." OR Han Solo: "Never tell me the odds." - goes to the player of an all in on the flop who hits runner runner to win.
  • Darth Vader: "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - goes to the player who tanks for the longest before calling and winning the pot.
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." - goes to the person who wins the biggest pot with a bluff on a flushed board.
  • Watto: "Mind tricks don't work on me." - goes to the player who wins the biggest pot calling off someone's bluff.

Last edited:
Just tossing this out there, but I'm thinking there should be some consideration for Star Wars-themed music throughout the tourney. Here are four to get the juices flowing.

Main theme when people enter the room and take their seats:

The "Imperial March" for when last year's champion walks in to defend the crown:

"Duel of the Fates" for when players gather for the final table:

Finally, the Throne Room theme song when the champion is crowned because what Star Wars fan doesn't get jacked up to this triumphant trumpet-blaring tune?

We did this a few years back.

May the Fours be with you: Win a hand with a pair of fours in it and you get the marker (we used a darth vader bobblehead). Next person to do so gets it and so on. Last one with it claims the prize.
1619015772398.png

More ideas might be in this thread from a while back.

Edit: More ideas from that thread.

Jabba the Nutts - $10 High Hand

Jar Jar Binks! - $10 Bad Beat Bounty

The first player to lose an all-in + call pot when you were the favourite receives a $10 Bounty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom